is it honestly worth it..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by makaveldon04i, Jan 27, 2008.

1. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

okay..this is not a rant nor help, i just need advise...

im on 1.1.2, pretty content with everything,from games such as GBA emu to the zoo game (bejeweled type of thing) to programs to themes...all ive read so far is that some people have many problems jb'ing 1.1.3/ some things dont work..now im tempted to JB to 1.1.3, but is it honestly worth it losing all my apps and re-installing them/having some of them not work for wiggly icons / all that stuff, or should i hold off for another 2-3 weeks until more things will be fixed...

thanks for tehh advise in advance
  2. eng

eng New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Honestly.....i wouldnt even bother AT ALL !
    Really, stick with your 1.1.2, there is no point at the moment, my installer wouldnt function properly, the new apps offer no great features, and being someone who lirkes customization, customize and summerbpard not functioning properly sucks......
    I went back to my original 1.1.1, its sooo much better

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

yeah...i have over 40 themes on my summer board lol, im a theme whore...
  4. captnsan0

captnsan0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you like beta testing and messing around with the programs then yea I suggest it. Trouble is getting it to work. I used to installer method to get mine to work. I'm content with it.
  5. Dream_Team

Dream_Team New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    For my part, I love being on the lastest beta of everything, and I mean, those wiggly icons rocks, and so does the new google maps

6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

to add my 2 pence worth - I didnt realise how much I would like the Webclips. I love the wiggly icons, but that is a novelty.

I have customise pretty much working fully, I have custom wallpaper, though not on springboard. I have custom sliders, My Carrier logo.......etc

The zoo game works, as do many others. I will admit, it has been a while to do it, but that ACTUAL jailbreak and add in the APP PACK was EASY.

The installer issue is causing some problems, but I now have that working too after unistalling all the Apps, and then running BossTools, so I am very pleased with 1.1.3
  7. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wait

I'm staying on 1.1.2 as long as the 1.1.3 gives people problems with the iTunes Store and such things. If something doesn't work 100%, it's not an upgrade but a downgrade!

However, as soon as there is a proven way of upgrading (using a PPC Mac or just the installer) and I can get the original new Touch apps and not just the new iPhone apps, I'm off!

If you're in doubt, wait!
  8. Dream_Team

Dream_Team New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I just tested and I do not have any problem playing music from the iTunes Store (you must upgrade from 1.1.2)

> and I can get the original new Touch apps and not just the new iPhone apps, I'm off!

I don't get it, you mean the official SDK ?

PPC Macs can jailbreak their iPods correctly since it now relies on Installer.app to update
  9. Firespray

Firespray Banned

I say wait on 1.1.3. I jailbroke it last night then tried to get my Applications back this morning and I went through a lot of sh*t trying to do it until I just said f*** it and restored back to 1.1.1 and jailbroke back into 1.1.2. Spent the last 2 hours putting all my apps back on and my music

10. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Dream_Team, isn't there a difference between the Mail and Maps (etc) apps released for the iPhone and the iPod? I thought it was.

Where did you read that about the PPC Mac users and the Dev team jailbreak? I'm drowning here as there is no separate Dev team thread for Macs, only one saying "Windows only" and involving .bat files and whatnot.

BTW, the "no services" some people have had on their iPods is because of the "incorrect" iPhone firmware and not the apps?