Is it even possible to get Bosstool with 3.1.2?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by man5, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. man5

man5 New Member

I've searched and tried but I could not install Bosstool. I have 3.1.2 jailbroken ipod touch 16 gigs, with Cydia installed on it. It won't let me install Bosstool and other dozen apps. Heck, I even tried installing Bosstool with "Rock" and "Icy" but those two won't install it either.

Without, Bosstool, i'm screwed. I'm loosing space on cydia and I need to transfer all the apps and downloads to main drive, and I rather not do it through winscp. Last time it worked fine, which was like 2 years ago when it was still new and had much less restricions on it.

But i'm guessing that Bosstool isn't compatiable with 3.1.2 version yet? Other BigBoss stuff works, why not Bosstool?
  2. Retro349

Retro349 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think it was only possible to do that on 1.x. Besides, SBSettings makes Bosstool obsolete.

Don't try to transfer the apps to the main drive. It will break.
  3. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    bosstool was built into sbsettings
  4. man5

man5 New Member

I have downloaded SBSettings but for some reason, it's not showing up on the main menu. No icon. How ever, I can see it in "IFile" app.
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If you'd read the SBSettings description in Cydia, you'd know you have to swipe the top status bar for the menu to appear... and honestly, if you'd installed and run Cydia FIRST after jailbreak, it would've done all of the 'copy everything out of the /Applications' folder on the root drive and created a symbolic link to /private/var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx'.

If it didn't do that (which Cydia does on first startup, creating that symbolic link to recover that space), then you're stuck and need to restore and then jailbreak anew.
  6. man5

man5 New Member

You know what, I'm starting to hate Cydia. It's filled with errors and does weird stuff at times, especially when adding sources. Now I can't even remove it, as I can't even find the option to uninstall it. I'm even trying to delete it via winscp but it still won't go away.

Anyways, I installed Rock once again and this time I'm sticking to it. It has been great so far. It even installed Bosstool. No errors yet. Works like a charm.
  7. Jarlath

The problem's not with Cydia in this case... especially given that the application's easy to remove with WinSCP if you go to /Applications from the root folder, or /private/var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx and you're logged in as root, so long as it's not running.

Plus, it does all the heavy lifting with moving the files from the root folder for you... which Rock doesn't, last time I looked. I had to restore and rejailbreak after upgrading to 3.1.2, when I tried to restore my apps with Rock, only to find out it had put everything into the original /Applications folder, instead of creating a symbolic link to a folder in the /var partition.

Honestly, if you're having that many issues, I suggest just restoring and rejailbreaking as I'd mentioned earlier, and installing only Rock after sing blackra1n. That way, when you have issues, you can't blame Cydia for them as it won't be taking up space on the device.
  8. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    he likes rock more than cydia, whoooooooooooa
    what is wrong with the world
  9. BOSS

BOSS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    BossTool for iphone FW 3.1.2

Download FWchanger from cydia, change you FW to 2.0 then download bosstool, fix you memory size knowing that fonts wont be removed by boss tool.

Best Of The Best Regards,
    Diablo
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    after getting bosstool make your FW again to the origenal FW so you dont have to update the new app store updates sittinngs for your fake FW (2.0) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  10. Jarlath

This thread's been dead for five months, and 3.1.3 is out. BossTool 2.0 was updated months ago to support 3.1.2.

Beyond that, using FWChanger to change the FW # to '2.0' is just asking for trouble. Thread closed for unnecessary bumping.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.