Is it broken yet? Funny title.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by klys, Feb 28, 2008.

1. klys

klys New Member

Hey,

well, I just got my iPod Touch 8GB yesterday. The pre-owner did not jailbreak it and he bought and successfully installed 1.1.3.

The first thing I had to do was, of course, to break it. Using ZiPhone, I quickly managed to download funny Apps like stupid games and emulators. I downloaded everything over my neighbours W-Lan network, which was open (I didn't mean to harm him in any way, it's just that I don't know how to get my Pod into the Net without buying a new router).

Problems:

I can't connect to the player. iTunes can, but CuteFTP Pro, Winscp and that iGopher thing, they all fail. I connect the USB cable, I type in the IP my neighbours network provides me (192.168.x.xx), root and alpine.. but it is impossible to connect.
    Why?! Because it is not my own network?

iAno doesn't work. No sound, and yes, it is set to "Both".
    PocketGuitar won't open at all.
    iPhysics opens, shows no levels and closes again. Fix was applied, nothing changed.

Is this thing rigged? Did I mess up?

Thank you in advance. If you did not happen to understand everything, please tell me, I am from Germany and my language skills are not so great.
  2. tipii

tipii New Member

well for cute ftp to work you are going to need to installed openSSH and services from installer since u used ziphone.

once u are able to log into ur ipod with cute ftp go to /applications/pocketguitar.app select all and set permissions to 755. (right click and hit properties)

uhm yea sooo try that out. let me kno if it works
  3. Surfer666

Surfer666 New Member

Here's a simple question, are you sure your computer is connected to your neighbors router?
  4. klys

klys New Member

Connected to his router? No. I'm just abusing the router's signal. Well, I have a USB Wlan stick, but I'd be a real b*tch if I'd use it to connect to his router, wouldn't I?

Would that work?
  5. daitienyee

daitienyee New Member

first of all the computer that you're using must be able to talk to the iPod over wifi, you have to setup your USB Wlan stick on the computer that you're trying to connect to your iPod.
  6. iAlexander

iAlexander New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not quite sure I understand you. Anyway, here's what you need to do:
    Basically, their are three things you're going to need.
    1) OpenSSH needs to be installed. It's in the "System" category in Installer.
    2) You need to be connect to your neighbours Wi-Fi on BOTH of the devices - your computer AND your iPod touch.
    3) Unless you have already, you need to install BSD Subsystem. It too, is in the "System" category.
    Now try connecting with CuteFTP or Putty.

Ask me if it doesn't work!
  7. klys

klys New Member

Thank you!

Well, I think I'll have to buy an access point, as I'd feel guilty connecting to his Router with MY USB stick - he would notice that, wouldn't he?

The other stuff like BSD/openSSH were installed. As I somehow crashed the Pod, I have now 1.1.4 installed, which is bad because I don't know whether I can jailbreak it.

BY THE WAY: 1.1.3 was purchased but is now entirely gone!!
  8. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

Your neighbor would most likely not know anything about you using his wifi, and if he did find anything out you could simply lie, and say that you have your card set to stumble, and didn't realize that your router got unplugged so both of your devices stumbled on to his network. Oh, and technically since he didn't take the precautionary measures to secure his network than really he is probably either leaving it open for sharing on purpose or too stupid to know any better. Use his connection, connect both your pc and the ipod and then ssh into it.
  9. klys

klys New Member

Well, I'm usually not a miser (if that's the proper expression) so I bought myself some hardware. Will be delivered in a few days, so I'm going to use his con temporarily.

What about the 1.1.3 problem, though? The former owner bought it, that means I would have to buy it myself, too? No way. I think I'll just break it again.