is it bricked

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bradnkaz, Aug 25, 2009.

1. bradnkaz

bradnkaz New Member

hi all need some help wit me ipod touch 16gb after attempting jailbreak it all went down hill from there .... my computer wont reconise /charge it... its appears completely dead until at i put it on mains power and i get the bsd root: mdo, major 2 minor 0 error thing i can kinda get itunes to pick it up by holding home/power buttons but it comes up with 1602 error any ideas ???ive tryed 2 other leads and a few computers its my 2nd day now tryin to fix it had enough now ...any help would be appreciated
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Isn't that the error that ziphone gives? I would suggest using a Dev Team jailbreak tool such as quickpwn, redsnow, etc. Also if you are still on 1.1x, update already.

Put in DFU and restore.
  3. Boat

Boat New Member

Get QUICKPWN RC3, do what it says until your screen is white (itouch) then restore with iTunes
  4. DazedUp

DazedUp New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what version were u trying to jailbreak? if it was 1.1.x upgrade to 2.2.1 atleast and jailbreak oh and DFU + RESTORE
  5. bradnkaz

bradnkaz New Member

thx for reply it wont let me do nothing the screen is black lifeless i can kinda go int dfu mode itunes picks it up it says (waiting for ipod)then i get ......
    "An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the ipod, then try again." error 1602 the only time i get life out of it ts when the mains are pluged in i get a load of root: mdo, major 2 minor 0 error over and over ????
  6. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    So did you use ziphone or not? Ziphone is only for firmwares 1.1.1-1.1.5
    If you are in fact still on one of those firmwares you should be able to enter DFU with ziphone. Then restore to a clean firmware.

If you are on 2.x then you have to enter DFU manually. There are many tutorials on how to enter DFU here.
  7. bradnkaz

bradnkaz New Member

soz im new to this thought it woud b a 5 min job

Please Register or Log in to view images

yeah i did use ziphone it crashed at the end and that was the end of that .....
  8. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    So put it in DFU and restore.
  9. bradnkaz

bradnkaz New Member

i can put in dfu but computer just carnt seem to sync with to restore