Is it bad to have to restore over and over again?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by cris6139, Jul 31, 2008.

1. cris6139

cris6139 New Member

I was just wondering if it is bad to have to restore your ipod touch alot. I've had it for about 2 weeks and had to restore it at least 3 or 4 times already. It randomly messes up and when I turn it on, it gets stuck on the apple logo and my computer won't recognize it. I don't know what's making it not work properly (it's not jailbroken or anything).

Is this the 2.0 software, something to do with the new version of itunes or did I just get a bad iPod?
  2. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The actual restoring process isn't bad to do alot, its just bad that you have to restore so often, since yours isn't jailbroken its covered under warranty, so if anything goes wrong they'll give you a new one anyways. I'd say call apple up and ask them if its normal. 2.0 and appstore is known to have such problems, but don't worry 2.1 will come out and fix those issues. I think it is normal, when your downloading apps don't do other stuff, just let your ipod sit there, i find it helps.
  3. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    in the past 4 days i have restored 8 times....no nothing is bad about restoring =/...it is problems with firmware not u
  4. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Same here because of the 2.0 jailbreak....it gets frozen on the loading screen when rebooting.
  5. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

When you do a restore, try setting up as new instead of restoring from backup.
  6. shuft95

shuft95 Member

3-4 times in 2 weeks is nothing!in week i restored 10 times
  7. cris6139

cris6139 New Member

Ok, this makes me feel a lot better! I thought there might be something wrong with mine.
    I hope they fix this soon.....it's very annoying.
  8. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I try my best not to restore too often, as I like mine personalised, though when things get very cluttered, and you're having problems, a restore is probably best
  9. uber hax

uber hax Guest

i woudl jailbreak yours. i kept having to restore due to glitches and what not, but once i JB'd it, i havent had to restore.