Is it a good time to purchase the iPod Touch 2g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by junyii02, Jan 23, 2009.

1. junyii02

junyii02 New Member

Hello all!
    I've decided (since my last thread), that I'm going to purchase the 32GB iPod Touch.

I've now run into another problem - I can't decide on when to buy it. According to the buyers guide at MacRumors, the iPod Touch 2G is currently in "Neutral - Mid product cycle"

However, I read around from various websites that new updates (something regarding larger chips? correct me if I'm wrong) are coming mid-February this year. Now that's holding me back..

I'm thinking that the worst case scenario would be if that if I bought a 32GB one right now, for the 399. price, and a month later - they release a 64GB, slightly dropping the 32GB, 16GB, and 8GB model's price.

Now if they released a 64GB, I would still be buying the 32GB (because the price difference would probably still have a distinct gap), and I don't need 64GB worth of storage. On the other hand, it may end up being the better 'bang for the buck' - I don't know how likely that is to happen, but it's always a possibility. If so, I would then consider buying the 64GB.

The main problem is that all of this assumption is based off of rumors, and nothing that I know of is confirmed regarding the updates. (besides the iPhone Nano? again, from reading)

If you guys could help me out here with some suggestions again, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  2. www719

www719 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Product iPod touch
    Recommendation: Neutral - Mid product cycle
    Last Release September 09, 2008
    Days Since Update 136 (Avg = 185)
  3. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    id wait to mid February. they usually do update the ipods around then but u most likely wont regret if buy it now
  4. junyii02

junyii02 New Member

I'm assuming you grabbed that from MacRumors.com. If you read my post thoroughly, you'd see that I was already informed of this data, as that's where I copied the "Neutral - Mid product cycle", from.

Please Register or Log in to view images