Is iphysics going to be a part of the official SDK apps?

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by Nevermind42592, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Nevermind42592

Nevermind42592 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi, I upgraded my ipod to 1.1.3 and I was wondering if r4m0n was planning on using the SDK so people who are unjailbroken can use it. Thanks.
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I would really like to see this happen. Apple still has not said how it is going to work exactly.
  3. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

I think my biggest concern there would be that this would imply that iPhysics gain some respectability. Currently we all think nothing of other people's copyright when we make level packs. I don't know whether this would be an issue for Apple. For a start, Crayon Physics is based on someone else's idea, and I don't know whether just saying "original idea by ..." is good enough commercially. And right now I'm cheerfully using corporate logos, images from Google, and sample of synths to make a level pack...
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I hope not. iPhysics needs some serious improvements on the UI front. Ie, the menu.

Personally, I would use the preference menu and put things into groups, similar to the main screen of Customize. Another option would be a Section List Table, as opposed to a standard table (ie, the icon reordering in Customize).

Now, you might see iPhysics borrowed as a Physics engine for some games, and I would be play with that. I just can't handle paying for an app with that little care and attention paid to the main menu.
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I'm sure the menu will be updated in the future. I don't think he realized how many levelpacks would be made so quickly, and he has been busy with the engine itself. I agree that it could use an update.

Edit: If I'm not mistaken... you are good with these things.. Why don't you build a new UI?
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

well im not sure about levelpack copyrights, but if you are thinking of the copyright from crayon physics then there is no worry. iphysics was BASED off of crayon physics, but it is in no way a port. it was supposed to be origionally, but the tweo games have split into 2 completely different things, and are no longer connected (legally)
  7. jmccnz

jmccnz New Member

This is a good idea. More capable people need to support the amazing work that r4m0n has done on the engine by making the rest of the app of a higher quality.

Personally, I am no programmer so I can't really help with program based stuff but I would be happy to assist in anything graphical.
  8. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I highly doubt it. Apple hasn't said much about who will get the SDK, but I don't think it will be for just anyone. They are probably just going to give it to a few trusted developers who will make apps that can be sold through iTunes.
  9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

It would be easy enough, as the hard part has already been done. But, I don't have access to the source code.
  10. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dumb question my bad