is iphone 4 worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jinjin12, Oct 21, 2010.

1. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

i just bought an ipod touch 4g 32 gig for 288$ plus tax and i just wanted to know if ya'll think it's worth it to spend extra money for the iphone instead of getting the ipod touch. i orginally wanted the iphone 32 gig because it had a 5 MP camera (ipod touch only has 0.7 mp), 512 mb ram (ipod touch = 256 mb ram), and built in gps. i actually did not want the iphone to use for calling b/c i already have a phone + plan with t-mobile and even if you jailbreak the iphone, you cannot use sims cards with it, thus, it is useless in terms of calling for me.

but then i checked the price and it was way too expensive. the stupid contract plan is way too expensive so that's out of the question. an iphone with no contract plan goes for around $800 which is crazy considering i won't be doing much with it. but still that 5mp, 512 mb, and built in gps is giving me second thoughts.

in my case, do you think it would having been worth it buying an iphone for $800 considering i can't use it for calling>?
  2. Moonrocks34

Moonrocks34 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    if u want to, get the iphone from at&t for 299, then unlock it when an unlock comes out. or just wait for iphone 5 from verizon.
  3. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

yea but i would stillhave to pay for the plan
  4. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Who said theres gonna be one?