iPhone 3GS Is IPhone 3gs really worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by man5, Nov 16, 2009.

1. man5

man5 New Member

First of all, I have to ask, is AT&T the only carrier for IPhones down in the US? Because here in Canada, now Telus and Fido is carrying IPhones, besides AT&T.
    Speaking of Fido, I went to the mall and checked out their booth. I talked to the guy there about getting an IPhone 3Gs. The minimum it comes down to is 45$/month without the caller id. I decided to wait because I'm tight on budget and also because that guy told me to wait for the next one, as it is much better than the 3gs. He says he got his hands of the early prototype of the new IPhone and man did he say that it blows the hell out of 3gs. Of course he couldn't go into details as they are classified.

I actually got my hands of 3Gs and honestly, I wasn't really impressed. Maybe because I have Touch and it was basically the same thing. Heck I even have apps and stuff of Touch than that 4Gs. Guess what i'm saying is, IPhone by itself isn't really that interesting. That's where jailbreaking comes in. The only reason I would buy an IPhone is so that I can jailbreak it and use it to its full potentionle. Otherwise, I have seen cheeper phones that do more stuff on it's own.

Anyways, I'm actually excited for the next IPhone. I guess June will be the latest, if not September. In the mean time, I'm going to use my crappy pay as you go phone.
  2. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes AT&t is the only carrier. If you jailbreak and unlock you can use any gsm network though. If you have a ipod touch then I don't think its worth it to get a iphone. just use any other "regular" phone.
  3. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Why don't you think it's worth it to have both if you can sell your iPod touch or better yet, play with both of them at once (like I do ATM). I see your point if you get a phone like the Droid,Palm Pixi,Soon to be HTC Dragon, or any other phones like that (AKA Smartphones). If they had a Zune HD phone, I would really use that over my iPhone 3GS.
  4. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    use ur ipod touch for games, save ur iphone battery =p
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

3GSes are definitely worth it. they're very fast, and they run apps more smoothly.
  6. geiman

geiman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've always thought as you are now, but I recently found out that I get a discount through my work and having the iPhone would be only $5 more than what I was currently paying, so I upgraded last week. Now that I've been using my 3GS, I wish I'd had an iPhone all along; it's amazing what all you can do with it.

Don't get me wrong, the touch is a great device and I've gotten more use out of it than any other embedded device I've ever owned, but the iPhone is simply amazing when you add in its other features that you cannot use on an iPod Touch (eg.. GPS, camera, bluetooth, internet where ever I am, etc...)
  7. 4NewHop3

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    You can use GPS and Bluetooth on an iPod touch.
  8. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    But you don't have a constant connection with the iPod Touch. Kinda hard to use GPS if you're out and about but then there's no way to update your location because you're not connected.
  9. kpiskin

kpiskin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just buy a Droid, you'll thank me later.
  10. 4NewHop3

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    No, they'll thank me because I said it before you in this thread. =P