Is iPass connection software compatible with iPod Touch iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dutch9, Mar 17, 2008.

1. dutch9

dutch9 New Member

2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. dutch9

dutch9 New Member

my company uses iPass to allow 'free' (the company probably pays a one time fee to ipass and employees get to use the software) connections to various internet providers (e.g. boingo in airports, iBahn in hotels, starbucks, etc.).

ipass has a client for macintosh computers. I was wondering if this would work on the iPod touch / iPhone
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This sounds like a Huge advertisement campaign.

This is your second post. So I think you are trying something malicious...
  5. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah this forum should be closed, i mean he links directly to the file without going to the page to check on specs or anything. but im going to scan the file and will report on the findings
  6. dutch9

dutch9 New Member

Wow. Just wondering if the client app will run on the ipod. That's all. My company only provides the windows version of iPass for download (we only have windows pcs) so I found a link to the software on the internet. The iPass specs say it will run on Leopard, but how does that translate to iPhone OS?
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It doesn't. If it works for Windows, it will work for Windows.

If it works for Mac, it will work for Mac.

If it says it works for iPhones or iPod Touches, it will. But it doesn't say so.

Also, all it is, is a Wifi Hotspot finder. Computers have that BUILT IN. So this is a useless App.
  8. dutch9

dutch9 New Member

You are a very smart person. The application provides connection availability/identification, integration and authentication for all types of connectivity. I was thinking someone on this forum would load it up to see if it would run. Instead, I got a bunch of resource wasting comments about my request being some sort of spam "advertisement campaign". So, thanks for nothing.
  9. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why would we risk our own computers for an UNKNOWN application?

If you want to know if it works, TEST IT YOURSELF BEFORE WATCHING OTHER GET INFECTED.
  10. scirica

scirica New Member

Wow...I log in here for the first time based on my Ipass on Iphone google search and find this poor guy getting flamed for a legitimate question. I work for Oracle (little tech company) and all of our associates are given the Ipass client so that we can work almost anywhere a hotspot is found. Ipass allows our company to control our employee internet costs and simplifies our access. I would also like to find out if there are any plans for ipass or Apple to create a client that works on our iphones or ipod touches.