Is InstallerApp (PC/Mac app sync software) safe?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Spironic, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Spironic

Spironic New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I noticed that, in order to set up InstallerApp to sync Cydia apps between your computer and your iPod/iPhone, you have to show it the location of your firmware file, then perform the button holds that would ordinarily put your device into restore mode.

It appears that the application makes some changes to your firmware, but I have no clear understanding of what exactly it does. I would really like to confirm, before I try anything, that performing this action will not in any way, harm any of the files I have stored on my iPod, or create any kind of situation where I would need to restore my iPod with iTunes.

Has anyone tested this application? Is there any data loss risk factor here?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I understand that many of you have an extreme distaste for Ripdev. I understand this, and I agree that a mojority of their software is poorly designed. But from the looks of it, this is by far the best app I've seen for computer application syncing. It has a much cleaner interface than Cyder and seems to have easier syncing.
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I wouldn't use this. Many people have complained about it. It's easier to just use Cydia from your iPod. It's safer and has less chance of messing up your iPod.
  3. Rockinryguy

Rockinryguy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah use cydia they tricked me into buying it too