IS Installation Tricks?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DeusMachina, Feb 29, 2008.

1. DeusMachina

DeusMachina Retired Moderator

Ordered an IS today and I've always had problems with getting pet hair/dust under screen protector's. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on successfully installing an IS with absolutely no flaws? :O
    1 person likes this.
  2. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

I took mine into a room thats not so commonly used in my house, I cleaned the table, and made sure there was nothing that would get in the way. I sprayed half the bottle on front IS then put it on and moved it around until it was in the right spot. Same with the back. You just need to look closely before it dries if you see anything and take it off immediately.
  3. 0wnt_

0wnt_ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Mine took around 15-20 mins to install.

I did it on my regular table next to my laptop. Laid 2 pieces of tissue on the table and that's it really.

Just make sure your pets ain't pesting you while you're doing it!

Edit: I forgot to mention, i have had mine for around a month now... and there are plenty of scratches on the back! It's unbeleivable. Do Zagg offer a replacement since mine is scratched? I live in the UK, so will i have to ship it all the way to Salt Lake City?

Cheers
  4. saysay

saysay New Member

I highly recommend doing it in the bathroom with a paper towel underneath. If you really want to be careful, run some hot water so the area gets a little bit steamy. That'll get rid of most of the dust and bubbles. But really, as long as you wipe it down first with a few drops of water, you won't get any problems.
    Make sure to follow the instructions! I've seen too many people applying it wrong b/c they were scared of the solution damaging their device. use a lot of solution
  5. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

I use the steamy in the bathroom trick too. Works like a charm.

Make sure you squeeze all the very noticeable bubbles out first. The little ones will disappear in a week or so. Had mine on for 3 weeks now & it looks great.
  6. xM45x

xM45x New Member

pretty sure its a invisishield, dont knowvfor sure though cause im feeling really noobish right now
  7. Cowboy fan

Cowboy fan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use allot of solution, the more the better, just don't get it in any of the cracks so it wont get into the ipod. you can make some extra solution by adding a drop of dish soap to a cups of water. The more water the less bubbles.
  8. DeusMachina

DeusMachina Retired Moderator

How are you supposed to not get any in the cracks if it says to push it out towards the nearest edge? Also... I'm pretty sure there is a good sealant on the edge of the glass that wont let any seep in.
  9. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

A little solution in the Touch is ok. But you HAVE to give it at leat 24 hrs to dry before turning it on.
  10. saysay

saysay New Member

ah don't worry bout it. Water needs a pretty decent sized crack to go through and some more space for the air inside to come out at the same time. You don't need a seal or anything cuz it's all connected with no gaps and it's impossible for water to get through already unless you got a defect where the glass doesn't go all the way to the edge. Use a ton of solution, just a little less than getting it dripping.

Please Register or Log in to view images

You'll be thankful later.