Is Flash Possible

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shaudoy, Jan 8, 2008.

1. shaudoy

shaudoy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was wondering if it is possible to put flash on the ipod using itunes and the internet on the ipod touch...please post response
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

GODDAMN IT!!! NO!!!! IT IS NOT F****NG POSSIBLE!!!! SORRY FOR YELLING (TYPING IN ALL CaPS!) BUT still, this has been discussed so many times that it is really pissing a lot of people off, including myself. So next time search. In addition, Adobe is needed to "participate" in this because they are the developer and flash needs to be custom tailored to each browser/OS. There is no such version for the iPod touch.

Welcome to the boards.
  3. Aryanenzo

Aryanenzo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    what if some geeky programer comes up with new codes for the flash plugin to work on the iPOD Touch's safari?
    I think its possible
    Maybe a flash imitator?
  4. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Please search first, then once you realize there isn't one out. Be patient and wait. I am sure one will become available eventually either from a 3rd party or Apple.
  5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

do you really think no one has/is working on this?

The problem is that it is VERY hard to do and the flash for the ipod would b hard to configure so that it wont suck the battery
  6. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are many post relating to flash on the iPod touch, all of your answers can be answered ioc you use the search. Please don't post in this topic again.
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It's completely possible. The real question is: Is it practical? i.e. How well can you expect it to work on the Touch?

The problem: Flash -- that is, full-blown, desktop-class Flash -- is slow. Try viewing a full-screen Flash animation in high resolution on a slow computer. It looks like utter crap; slow frame rates, stuttering, shearing. Flash is basically a scripting language -- a very high level language that requires a lot of interpreting by the CPU to turn the Flash functions into something the CPU can do something with. If the CPU isn't up to snuff, it's going to be pushing pretty hard to try and do that in real time, or it will lag behind. Think of the Playstation emulator on the Touch. It's slow because the CPU can't keep up with the demand the emulator is asking of it. Flash is the same way, if for different reasons.

The solution: Well, there really is no elegant solution except to strip away the bits of Flash that wouldn't run well and create a "lite" version of Flash that runs well on such a scaled down system. This has been done for various mobile platforms; the PocketPC has a kind of "lite" version of Flash 5 that it uses both as a web plugin and a Today screen plugin, such as when it is used in conjunction with the Flash-based animated Today screen backgrounds.

Right now that's about the best hope there is; a stripped-down, older version of Flash.
  8. Aryanenzo

Aryanenzo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    NO, anyolder version of flash cant do anything at all. no flash games(miniclip.com) no youtube
    Its pointless
    i know this because of the problem psp has, it has flash 6 but cant really do anything flashy

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    please search before you post
  10. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    people need to calm down about the damn search function.
    it doesnt hurt you if they posted something that has already been answered.
    if you annoyed by that,
    IGNORE IT, dont go all crazy. jeeeeeeeez.