Is eBay the best place in USA to purchase factory unlocked iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jpoky, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Jpoky

Jpoky New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't want to use it as a cell-phone, I just want to use it like an iPod Touch but with a better camera. The new iPT4 camera stinks, and also it only has 256MB of RAM, according to recent threads in the iPT4 forum.

I don't have an AT&T account and I don't ever want one. I don't want to use any cell-phone features of this device. From what I've seen on eBay these unlocked devices sell for around $1,000 for the 32GB. Is that an average price?

Thanks
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    You're seriously wasting you money if you buy an iPhone just to use as an iPod touch.
  3. MuckYu

MuckYu Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Apple UK -> Borderlinx that's what I did
  4. Jpoky

Jpoky New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You're probably right. . . I'm just contemplating it right now. I just want to know my options.

I appreciate your advice though!

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Hmm, I'm just learning now about Borderlinx, but I'm not sure I understand it completely.

But, I did look at the prices for the 32GB iPhone 4 at the Apple UK site, and compared them to the Apple Canada site. The UK store has the iPhone 4 for $925 US dollars (converted), and the Canada store has it for $750 us dollars. The Canada store is a lot cheaper. Now I want to learn if Borderlinx works across the US/Canada border as well, or if there are other similar options.

If I could get one for $750, plus maybe $50 shipping, I would have to seriously consider getting one.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, just learned the Borderlinx is only for UK - USA shipping.

Does anyone know of a similar service for Canada - USA shipping?
  5. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Dont forget that there are hefty post-sales taxes in canada, which are already included in the UK price. Post-tax they would be a similar price.
  6. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You won't even need more than 256mb of RAM for a long time, people seem to forget about the processor.
  7. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    If you are going to buy an unlocked phone why not just cut your simcard down and use the iphone as.. I dont know... A phone?
  8. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    He may not be on T-Mobile.

He could be on Sprint, Verizon, or any other network for all we know.

Are you really willing to spend THAT much just for the camera?
    You can buy a better camera + iPod touch for less.
  9. Jpoky

Jpoky New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You're all right, and I thank you for the comments. Looks like I'll just stick with the new iPod Touch 4G. It's a bummer, though, that Apple didn't update it more. It should've had at least a better camera for still-photos, and 512MB RAM for better multitasking. I use my iPT 3G all the time (the battery is actually shot because I've used it so much), so I guess with this 4G the benefits are: Retina Display, slightly faster processor, good camera for HD videos, FaceTime, slightly better speaker, and microphone. I guess I can't complain about all those benefits!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks