Is Customize 2.0 really as bad as I think?

Discussion in 'Customize 2.0 Discussions' started by Karma1000, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Karma1000

Karma1000 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    …or am I being a complete idiot?

Using 1.1.4

Firstly, it doesn't seem to have the ability to get 5 icons in the dock like the old version.

Secondly, I see no way to SSH a battery set from my computer like the old way - seems I have to use someone else's battery set via the web (only about a dozen sets out there?)

Thirdly, it seems excruciatingly slow doing everything.

Please help me change my mind, otherwise it's back to JB 1.1.2 again!
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    its beta so they may imrpove the speed.

for the 5 icon in dock use catipillar.
  3. Juni44ever

Juni44ever Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm using 1.1.4 as well, and I'm still looking for the Customize 2.0 folders in the iPod. But I guess I foun them already, I'll post the folder name as soon as I can. But it isnt as bad as you think, as thought that too, but witht he time you'll realize that it is alot better than using Customize 1.2 =))

EDIT: /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize2 <-- SSH there. Make sure you have installed a couple of themes. Then when you SSH into a theme you'll see the dock and so on, just insert the carriers and sliders in one theme ( or create a new one ) and it should work =))
  4. GrrrBPD

GrrrBPD New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I like it part from the fact that you cant ssh into it like the one before i have no clue how to do all that stuff on spicychicken so thats the only thing i dont like.
  5. Nayfe

Nayfe New Member

with caterpillar... it says three day thing? is that real or what? or is there some way to get around paying
  6. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    there is a way to get free catipillar nto sure how though search

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. BayAreaKing

BayAreaKing New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Where are the icons for MobileVideos?
  8. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I like Customize 2.0 a lot more than the old version. You can do way more customization and I like how you can mix and match different themes.
  9. Karma1000

Karma1000 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the feedback.

I just hate it when you get used to an app which did exactly what you want, then they go and change it to a piece of bloatware.

Having to use Caterpillar for 5 icon dock (and pay for it!) then use Customize for changing skins etc, when the old Customize did both seems wasteful.

However, thanks for the tip of sneaking my own bits into one of the official sets, if that gets the job done in a roundabout way! Personally I like to SSH my own stuff into Ipod rather than get the 'official stuff' off websites or via Installers.

Anyways some people seem to be raving over it, so thanks Spicy (me, I just want the old 5 icon Customize back and working).
  10. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    seems to me, from my brief play around and before it gave me the headache of a restore LOL, that there is no longer just one BAtteryImages etc folder where you can then choose any set you like. you have to have a complete theme that whereas in SMB you only had Icons, wallpaper and Dock, you now need individual folders for all the other stuff, carrier images etc. i guess when people get used to it its ok, but i dont really see the advantage. it seems to make it a much longer, more involved and harder to do.