Is apple stupid?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mclaurin10, May 4, 2008.

1. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I recentlyt upgraded form windows XP to windows vista, I may take some fire for this but my XP was bloated and fragmented (somehow two editions f XP got installed on one partition, eek) and when I upgraded to Vista Home Premium it ran incredibly, downloads at least 5x faster and startup in less that 30 seconds on my 2 year old machine.

Plus beeing a graphics man I really liked the GUI update.

Anyway when I plugged in my ipod touch into Vista was recoginezed as a camera and not by iTunes at all, so naturally I went to apple.com and used the help section.

So I...
    -Uninstalled itunes, and anything apple from my machine (device manager, updater etc...)
    -Restored to fresh 1.1.4 Firmware

On Vista, nothing.

but when I plugged itinto my brothers XP computer it worked fine, apearing in itunes, ut no luck wiht vista.

This was the first problem I have had with vista so I called apple. I told them everything and they had me probe the USB's (nothing even though vista though it was a connected camera) and re-reinstall itunes, still nothing. So their sending me a new ipod but i cant help but think this is a sofware issue.

I specifically told them that it worked fine on another XP machine and they still sent me a new ipod?

So Is apple stupid?
  2. twindragons

twindragons Banned

lol!.. it looks like another person got iScrewed from Apple. please check out my RECENT thread for ur problems.
  3. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Naw, my point was that they ARE sending me a new iPod even after I said it worked on another computer. That is a software issue and they are still sending me a new iPod.

They are stupid for wasiting their money on me when they could have solved my problem, I dont mind (I have a scratch on my screen) but when I called the guy was like,

"can you hold on for 3-5 minutes, I have to read a guide about iTunes working on Vista."
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It's not like Windows Vista even remotely comes close to *awesome* OS X Leopard.

Apple is stupid in replacing iPods without really taking the time to diagnose the problem. A lot of money could be saved for them. Makes the customers happy though.