Is Apple calling this the 3G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MaxPower49, Sep 11, 2009.

1. MaxPower49

MaxPower49 Member

Device:
    iPad
    Is Apple calling the new 32 and 64gb iPods “3rd generation?” The only thing I have seen on their website refers to them as “Fall 2009” iPods. Just wondering if maybe Apple is planning on releasing “3G” iPods in a few months with a camera. Everything we’ve seen seems to indicate that the Touch was supposed to receive the camera but it was scrapped at the last minute.

There are reports leaking out now that they are still trying to add the camera “as soon as possible” and a new touch could possibly be out before Christmas (see link below). I know they usually don’t do major upgrades like that in months that aren’t September, but it sounds like there were some last minute problems that may have forced them into this.

I had every intention of buying the new 64gb iPod, but now I’m wondering if I should wait. I would not be happy if I dropped $400 on an iPod now only to see a new one come out in a few months.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/14713/the_mystery_of_the_ipod_touch_camera

2. Coolcia

Coolcia New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well i don't see that happening in my opinion , as it may reduce iphone sales, but next year they definitely will do it because if they don't then the touch will decrease alot in sales. They have no choice but to do something big with it next year.
    and it looks like they are.
  3. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In the firmware for the new ipod is starting with "iPod3,1...." So yeah, it's the third generation
  4. geoman92

geoman92 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch