Is anyone having a similar problem with FFVII?

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by Jrman09, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Jrman09

Jrman09 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When playing this rom, I can manage to get past the first sequence, but after walking forward slightly to engage in battle my emulater crashes and I am returned to the springboard. Even after setting my clock to 190% and cycle to 10.00004 I get the same error.

I also happen to get an error upon booting up my FFVII rom, which says "bios not found: scph1001.bin"
  2. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

you cannot play the game without the bios, thats why ur game is failing, the game is fine and is for everyone with the bios, apart from battle control issues, go and search for the bios scph1001.bin on a search engine
  3. Jrman09

Jrman09 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am using a bios, I recieved mine from setix. He PM'ed me the one that he recommended for playing FFVII.
  4. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

and it still asks for scph1001 bios? maybe the FF7 file is corrupt, mine is working fine, if u P i could send you the link, this could be a stupid question but the bios is in the psx4all.app in applications?
  5. Jrman09

Jrman09 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, I have placed the bios file in the applications folder. Could you please pm me the link to the site that your copy is hosted on. Man, it took a while to download all of those parts, and it didn't even work. Thanks for your help.
  6. WizNo

WizNo New Member

Your bios has got to be named 'scph1001.bin', the emulator won't recognize it otherwise.
  7. Sarwar

Sarwar New Member

I have a issue with my FFVII to...

The games runs fine, a little but slow tough, but the sound seems to be chooped. And that's is a pain in the @$%.

I have tried to change the cycle and clock settings without solving the problem. Also tried out the ISO file trough my pc and it works very well. I recieve no error messages about the bios. I use the schp1001.bin and installed the psx4all trough installer.ap.

Does any know how to fix this problem? Thanks in advanced.
  8. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I had the exact same problem. You have to have the scph7502.bin BIOS in the psx4all folder. Make sure it is renamed to scph1001.bin . After doing this, FFVII will work great.
  9. SndTribe9

SndTribe9 New Member

scph1001.bin.BIN

you might be having the same problem I did after recieving those bios file from sefix. It was a small mistake where it wasn't correctly spelled. Just delete the capitalized .BIN so it reads "scph1001.bin" and make sure that properties are set to 755.
  10. SndTribe9

SndTribe9 New Member

you might be having the same problem I did after recieving those bios file from setix. It was a small mistake where it wasn't correctly spelled. Just delete the capitalized .BIN so it reads "scph1001.bin" and make sure that properties are set to 755.