is anyone else having problems connecting to wifi at school? can anyone help me?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by beerstud290, Nov 15, 2007.

1. beerstud290

beerstud290 New Member

I have no problem connecting to my router at my house, but when I'm at school it connects to the router but won't let me use safari or mobile itunes. I have a password to connect to the computers at school but the ipod touch doesn't prompt me for anything. Does anyone know what's goin on here? thanks, Jon
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is the password that you use to log onto the computers of the wifi? Most likely it is an open wifi, but password protected computers.

Try setting the DNS to the same thing as the Router.
  3. beerstud290

beerstud290 New Member

yeah it's the password for the computers, when I go to settings it says it's connected to the "DYLAN" which is not password protected but for whatever reason the internet won't work, but i know people who have laptops that work fine off that connection
  4. Necro

Necro New Member

On our school you need to register youre MAC Adress, you should consider asking an admin, best would be someone you know.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think yometimes you even need a special programm on you PC to connect.
  5. doughboy_9245

doughboy_9245 New Member

lol they have the same thing at my school, from what i know, it has something to do with your MAC or IP Address, i think its IP i dunno... But anyways you can set a certain amount and certain devices to be able to connect to a network. When you are in the setup you can choose what you want to access it and be able to connect. Also Wireless access points or WIFI is not all for internet, some can be used to connect or send messages to printers *I think* or other network capable devices so i hope that answers the question.
  6. beerstud290

beerstud290 New Member

yeah thanks I think I'll ask one of the admins. Thanks again guys