Is anybody else having this problem with 3.0? (album sorting)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Nays, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Nays

Nays New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was wondering if anybody could help me with this problem I've been having since I upgraded to the new firmware. Under the sorting options for songs in iTunes I had put the year the album came out in the "sort album" section. Before 3.0 this worked perfectly to list albums in the order they came out in instead of alphabetically. After I upgraded I noticed that whenever I look at the songs in an album, all the songs for that year are listed in that album. For example: I listened to a ZZ Top song that was released in 1983, now if i look at the song listing for that album I see all the songs that were released in 1983.

At first I thought it was a database error so I restored my iPod. That didnt correct the error so i thought I would come here for help. I'm finding this kind of hard to explain so I hope somebody understands.

Here's some pics of my problem. As you can see I'm listening to only one album but various other songs that were released in the same year are showing up.

Attached Files:

2. Nays

Nays New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is no one else having this problem?
  3. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    No man, i'm sorry i can't help you cuz idon't hVe this problem on my iPod..
    But i think it isn't that bad... You could always use THE search function in your iPod for THE track you want ...
  4. tgluak

tgluak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, there is a few issues with the music player in 3.0