Is An iPhone Worth it for just an iPod?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RoYaLx, Mar 30, 2009.

1. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Here is the basic story:
    I am 15 and want an iPhone desperately. I am also currently hosting in Cydia and am constantly working on iPod Touch modifications. But I really want to take a step up from that.
    Believe it or not, I am currently writing simple applications and modifications. I only have one problem: I only have an iPod Touch that is primarily used for testing all of my apps and mods. It is currently giving me some issues, though, because some of my mods have bugs, and I have yet to discover what is causing the constant crashing.

But this is my real question: Can I buy an iPhone (2g or 3G, doesn't matter), and still use it without any SIM card? Basically what I am saying, it would be an iPod Touch with a camera and Bluetooth. Is it worth it?

Also: Yes, I consider myself to be an Apple Fanboy.
  2. bryster126

bryster126 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Yes you can use the iPhone without the SIM and it will work just like the iPod (but you might get the no SIM warning).

Also, for what you are doing I would not buy a brand new one. Just look for a used one that you can mess with.
  4. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Will the warning affect everything, or will it just be a pop-up message I could close?
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

It would just be a pop up message and it won't affect anything; it just might get annoying after a while.

Any SIM card (working or not) should fix the warnings despite the carrier.
  6. ipod touch master thanks

ipod touch master thanks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

if u have no cell carrier and just want the iphone simply for the internal mic and the camera. then, in my opinion, it is not worth 3 quarters of one thousand dollars but if u want to go for it i might be wrong
  7. eff3ctz

eff3ctz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    $750? Wtf are you looking at? lol