Is all sources gone?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cline92, Apr 6, 2009.

1. cline92

cline92 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I just installed steffwiz, and searched all sources, and it's not there anymore? Does anyone know what happened to it?
  2. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Maybe it got taken down because it's complete sh*t? Tons of the sources don't work, tons more are in foreign languages, and even more just in general suck.

Awful package.
  3. Renteura

Renteura Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree with the above poster, All Sources is quite buggy...almost caused me to restore, but I managed to delete the sources (and accidentally delete some valid sources) though SSH. Took a while though, couldn't install anything from Cydia.
  4. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah - it was about the same for me.

I was getting 20-30 minute "reloading data" times, and constant crashes. It took me about 3 hours to get rid of the sources thanks to tons of errors.
  5. iEatApplesLikeYou

iEatApplesLikeYou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just jailbroke my ipod and am new to this; I've googled around but am not sure what to even do first. Is there a source package you would recommend? (And would I use Installer or Cydia to get it?)
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it hasn't been pulled from the repo then it should be. Stupidest idea ever. Like a time bomb it's pretty much guaranteed to implode Cydia/Icy at some point in the near future if you install it...
  7. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    To be perfectly honest, I recommend just sticking with the stock sources, then adding specific ones for certain apps. Between the default sources, any major stuff will pop up.

The only extra source I can think of is Namedfork's - and that's only if you want MiniVmac to run Mac OS 7.
  8. iEatApplesLikeYou

iEatApplesLikeYou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think that's what I'll do. Is there a good "known" site to browse for additional sources/apps?
  9. iatmyhome

iatmyhome Banned

me too i encounter this problem too so don't worry it works a few days later.
  10. DancingGopher

DancingGopher New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah, i dont recommend all sources, its really buggy and slows cydia down....and it is a pain in the ass to get rid of it