Is a case necessary?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ayjolemegetem33, Apr 16, 2009.

1. ayjolemegetem33

ayjolemegetem33 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    is a case necessary or what?
    and if i get a case it will be a belkin simple silicone (white) or an incase slider (white), which one is better? why?
  2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'd say yes, the back of the iPod gets scratched really easily. It'll even scratch if you breathe on it wrong or look at it the wrong way

Please Register or Log in to view images

kidding of course. I have neither of those cases, but I do have the Speck PixelSkin case and I love it

3. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well if you think its necessary then get one but if you think you dont need it then dont. Tell you one thing though your ipod it going to scratched like crazy, and it could even crack the screen depending on how you drop it and where.
  4. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

It really is useful. I got a case off ebay for around $4 maybe 2 weeks after I got my iPod. I really wish I would have ordered the case in advance and put it on immediately as I got so many scratches on the back its amazing. I think the back is made of scratch metal

5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes; you need a case. When I first bought my iPod touch I didn't have enough saved up to get myself a case and after 2 months there was no turning back. You'll regret it once you even get the smallest scratch on it. And trust me, scratching it is very, very easy (sometimes even with a case on).

Having a case on your iPod touch from new is also a benefit if you ever go to resell your iPod touch on eBay or craigslist/Kijiji/our marketplace etc. Any sort of scratches is a really bad turn off for people looking to buy a used iPod touch. Having little or no scratches on your iPod will get you much more money in your pocket when it comes time to sell it.

But, then again, someone told me something that I found pretty interesting: why cover up your "shining beauty" with a case? Sure, it'll be top notch and shiny, but you don't see it because the case is on. Some actually decide to do the opposite: they use their iPod until it is practically destroyed, and then get a case to hide it all.

It's all up to you; if you do decide to get one I would take a look at that Incase slider you were mentioning over the Belkin. But overall, you should take a look at SwitchEasy case's. They are top of the line.
  6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would prefer SwitchEasy over any other case.
    And my iPod is already pretty banged up. Oh well, I wasn't planning on reselling it anyway.
  7. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well it is necessary but don't get a $2 case get one thats better, i remember for my first ipod touch i bought a silicone case and even with that on it got scratched from the sides and stuff.
  8. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Spend a nice ammount of money to ensure you get the utmos protection.. For everyday use I'd recommend the rebeltouch.