Is 1.1.3 worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Drako, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Drako

Drako New Member

Is 1.1.3 really worth it atm?? because im debating whether to stay on 1.1.2 or to upgrade to 1.1.3.. i want to know the pros and cons of 1.1.3 as compared to 1.1.2 besides the obvious reasons of SDK support and newer App Pack.. and if i upgrade to 1.1.3 is it buggy? and could i get the new app pack for free (im sure this has been answered but im just curious and would like some more detail in the answers) thanks in advance..
  2. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Click the link In my sig, follow the guides and enjoy a fully functional 1.1.3 JB
  3. frnkyn

frnkyn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    its worth it if u want the new jan update for free and the ability to use most of the apps from installer
    u'll hav to do without summerboard or customize till they upgrade to 1.1.3 for a little while too
  4. nightspwnx

nightspwnx Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it was worth it. What I think makes it worth it is the way you can order icons and put them on multiple pages without first having to fill up one page on springboard. I don't think you will regret updating to the new firmware unless you can't split with summerboard and customize for a little while.
  5. MacDevil

MacDevil Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It wasn't worth it for me. The jailbreak went smoothly, but you only have about 4-5MB of space for apps. You can make more room using Boss Tool, but I couldn't get it to work for me. I also was unable to SSH into my iPod to install and move apps manually. So not worth it for the moment. But once they get the kinks worked out in a few days, it probably will be.
  6. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Personally I think it was worth it.

Not only can you re-arrange the spring board much quicker and easier, but you can locate yourself using the maps app, get lyrics in the music player, add webclips to your spring board, and to say the least; you've got the latest firmware with most bugs fixed.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm running a jailbroken 1.1.3 with not a single issue, with the app pack included.

Edit:
    I must say, it DID take me an astounishing 6 HOURS to complete the processes, but in the very end... Worth it. =]
  7. v12vanquish

v12vanquish Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Its defiantly worth it . Use the installer method to get 1.1.3 jailbroken. I still hate the dock tho.... So thats the downside
  8. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yay first "I didn't search and I'm a noob!" question...

How?

Thanks

9. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Woah 6 hours? How come?
  10. RadicalxEdward

RadicalxEdward New Member

Mine took six hours too, i was trying to use the official touchmaster jb and i kept having issues restoring,upgrading, downgrading, lol, i was going from 1.1.1 hack, to 1.1.1 fresh to 1.1.1 jailbroke, to 1.1.2 fresh to 1.1.2 jailbroke to 1.1.3 lol. Eventually i gave up and used the "100% guaranteed " method which works except for i can't play itunes stuff on the ipod anymore. So i might do it over with the touchmaster way or just go back to 1.1.1