iRecovery Compiled for Win32

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GenTiradentes, Nov 26, 2008.

1. GenTiradentes

GenTiradentes New Member

I posted this in another thread but figured it deserved its own.

I couldn't find a compiled version of Chronic's iRecovery tool for Windows, and most users don't have enough experience to do something like that, so I got the source from SVN and compiled it myself. Here it is:

http://aux.dottru.net/~joseph/iRecoveryWin32.zip

It's a command line tool, if you don't know what that is, don't screw with it.

Otherwise, enjoy.

EDIT: It is now fully working, the same download link applies. Instructions are included in the archive.

Cheers.
  2. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Thanks!
    I've wanted to use iRecovery for awhile but I didn't want to install OSX86 for just one program that could probably be relatively easily ported to Windows anyway.

EDIT: It works great! I first made the recovery background this great deep red, and then I made it a nice green, and then I decided that instead of blue, I'd just get a nice pink color.

I'm just kidding

Please Register or Log in to view images

I did that for fun, for the purpose of saying "yes, it works" and I understand that the ability to change the background is something anybody could do. I was just having a bit of fun I suppose. I will prod around with a few things, but I'm sure everything I try has been tried by Chronic Dev already, since I'm not quite as computer knowledgeable as he is.
  3. GenTiradentes

GenTiradentes New Member

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Thank Chronic for their work though, all I did was compile it for Windows.
  4. sbdxaric

sbdxaric Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Thank You! Works perfectly for windows

Please Register or Log in to view images

Cant believe i can use this tool (im a newbie).
    Now i can install open iboot
  5. iLuvMyiPodTouch

iLuvMyiPodTouch New Member

ok i found out how to cd into the irecovery_SVN but when i try to run the irecovery.exe it says "application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. please see the application event log for more details." ok what does that mean?? what do i do now?
  6. .xLr8™

.xLr8™ New Member

You need to install MSVC redistributable first. So here's the link.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...34-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en
  7. mr monster09

mr monster09 New Member

whenever i install the libusb my my usb drives stop working and i have to system restore to fix it. i have MSVC and i tried just running irecovery but it closes right away. please help
  8. flybonez360

flybonez360 New Member

lol mr monster09 i'm busy right now but i will help you anyway. for iRecovery.exe your not suppose to open it your supose to do this, for example you put iRecovery.exe in the root of your system for example C:/iRecovery.exe ok. next you go to cmd. winkey + R then type cmd. after that when your at cmd which is the black screen type cd C:/iRecovery.exe. and there you go you got it. but what i like to do it make a fake file and put it in the folder were C:/iRecovery.exe it and end it with the extension .srt and open it with cmd that is much eaiser. and when cmd opens you type C:/iRecovery.exe. hope that helps and by the way libusb cause problems with vista it's the reason why i switched back to xp the first time i used it and the secound time it cause me to reset my dsl modem and my 20 hr download failed.
  9. GenTiradentes

GenTiradentes New Member

It's a command line tool. If you don't know what that is, it probably wouldn't be of any use to you.

EDIT: By the way, the filter driver for libusb is a 32-bit version; don't try to install it on a 64-bit operating system, it will break something.
  10. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I too would like to help out with the 2nd gen ipod touch jailbreak efforts. I have a 2nd gen here that came factory installed with 2.1 firmware, not 2.1.1 like everyone else seems to be saying. I have had this confirmed by someone that it is correct after sending them a screen shot of the info...

Anyway, my problem is this... since i have trolled for days looking for something to get this working, i am left with no option but to ask...

I am trying to run iRecovery on a Win XP machine. every time i try and run it, i get this error... (and yes, im running it in a command window, i was born into DOS. Windows wasnt invented when i got my first computer and i have been a tech for a few years more then i care to think about.)

I have tried it just putting irecovery, iRecovery, iRecovery.exe, typing the full path, copying the DLL to all the windows system folders. I have tried it with an ipod plugged in, not plugged in, normal mode, recovery mode, itunes on, itunes off and every variation you can think of, but i just cant get irecovery to run. i have tried to install and uninstall, i have tried getting it from different places and installing again. i have tried updating the drivers that come with it, and still i get the same error. am i missing something obvious ? or am i missing something that is required to run it, say, .net framework 2.0 or whatever it was compiled/made with ?

Even a few ideas or a nudge in the right direction would help out heaps so i can start it up, connect the ipod and see if i can dump anything from it using the 2.1 firmware...

Thanks for the help in advance