iRecord

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by schnikelfritz576, Nov 29, 2007.

1. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

look it up on google. u can like record ur tv rite onto ur ipod and now it works with iphone and ipod touch. has anbody tried it?
  2. Shade

Shade New Member

If you have tivo you can record movies and tv shows and transfer them to you ipod and i have done it
  3. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I have a iSee i use with my video and 4th gen ipod, that records tv.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

i have verizon fios. do u know if it would work with that?

does it work with the touch?
  5. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I am not sure this works with the Touch. The standard Touch does not offer a "disk" mode so I don't see how this thing can put files on the Touch without either JBing or using iTunes. It's possible that it can dump the files into the iTunes folder and then auto-sync with the Touch but that's not really a big deal.

The second problem I see is that it doesn't seem to have any scheduling capabilities. How can it change the channel on my cable box like Tivo? I don't think it can so this means you have to manually select the channel and start the recording.

It's not a bad idea but for $200 you can get a refurb Tivo Series 2 and use Tivo to Go to push the video up to your PC and then auto-convert for iPod.
  6. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Not to hijack the post but can you describe how you did that? I have used Tivo to Go to copy the files to my PC. You need another tool to strip off the Tivo wrapper on the video and then you have to convert. I am not aware if Tivo has a converter for the Touch although I know they have one for the PSP.
  7. Jfriah

Jfriah New Member

I have a 8GB iPod Touch and it won't record directly from iRecord (because it doesn't see it as a 'disk' ?), and...AND: more importantly:

the files I DO record with iRecord play fine on the Macbook Pro but will NOT play on the iPod Touch... I think it has something to do with the H.264 because all the MPEG-4s play fine.

Strange. My 30GB video iPod plays them just fine. I want my TOUCH to play themmmmmm!
  8. Alanmo_2004

Alanmo_2004 New Member

I just bought a Direct Video Recorder called MyRec. Have you tried it too? Very good and easy to use. Also can be used for PSP,........, just US$110. If you have bought it, drop a line here,............