iradio speed up@@

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pod, Nov 26, 2007.

1. pod

pod New Member

hey all..
    i try to listen radio with my ipod...
    in some station the voices were kiddie like iradio speeding up a little the voices..
    why?
  2. NormNConquest

NormNConquest New Member

Because the various radio stations are using radically different software to create their MP3 streams, or oddball settings on the same software. Some ultracompress because their bandwidth is limited or expensive. The good folks at iRadio acknowledge the problem -- there's a list of known issues and this is #1 - and each future release should accommodate more and more of these streaming schemes. If I were them, I'd be focusing on the most popular streaming servers first -- the greatest good for the greatest number of listeners. Which means there's no guarantee when (if ever) any particular station will be fixed.

I'm keeping a list of the stations I visit that look interesting but sound like crap, to make a point of rechecking them after each upgrade.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Yes, do remember that iRadio is in Beta and has caused huge problems too. Be careful with it. Hopefully a fix for the chipmunk-voices will come soon though.