iPtf Writing Team

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by hakk79, Jun 1, 2009.

?

Should we have a front-page writing team?

1. Yes! Lets make it!

88.4%
  2. Nope. I don't think so.

7.0%
  3. I am unsure...maybe.

4.7%
  4. I am completely lost!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Today, when I came to ipodtouchfans I saw this frontpage news article:

Member Review Team

Since we have that, how about a iPodtouchfans front page team? It would be something like Gizmodo or Engadget, where basically if something breaks someone on our team can write full articles about it: Not copy and paste from other blogs. Also this team can utilize the front-page news submissions section as a way to find out stuff that they may have missed on the internet (sort of like a way to find what to write about).

Is it possible? A poll is attached.
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I really like the idea. The front page definitely needs more activity.
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    bgizzle voted yes; it's happening.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I always thought of it, but I thought it would be a better idea to make when iPodtouchfans was bigger. Being a community that is now very large and widely reconigized, I think that this might be a boost to the credibility to the website.

To add to my idea further, on gizmodo or engadget writers can communicate with each other, and the readers. Here's an example of how it can work:

1) Writers find a breaking story
    2) They agree on who will write it, and give whatever details they can to the writer.
    3) That writer writes the article
    4) Then he/she sends it to Bgizzle. Bgizzle can make whatever revisions that we wants to the article. Then he can give the writer the green light to post it.
    5) It's posted!
  5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It would be better to just have the writers that are online at the time edit/approve it. That way, stories could still be posted even if bgizzle is offline.
  6. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, and if he disapproves he can just take it off when he comes on. Genius!

Everyone, keep your ideas rolling in please!
  7. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

So would this be like HTiT?
  8. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i like the idea. we dont get enough good action on the front page. i would love to see this happen. it would also be a great way to spend less time browsing fr important threads and more time reading about them
  9. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Kind of. Basically think of it this way. We are part blog, and part forum. We excel in the forum part and partially fail in the blog part. Why? Copy and paste articles. Most of the articles members make (including me) are copy and paste from mainly Gizmodo, Engadget, Apple Insider, and even TUAW because members don't want to waste time writing an article that might not even get published. In turn, the members reading these copy and pasted article posts have probably read it, so they just skip over it.

This makes the front page section very boring. I even remember at once I loathed coming to iPodtouchfans because of that giant Icy icon that was in my face (when that Icy front-page article was up).

So lets make a writing team. If we can get the front page section running, then we can get way more visitors. Who might/will then be interested in our forums because of the huge amount of content there is to explore. If we hit it off REALLY good, we can even organize a newsletter that can be made by the more graphically talented members of iPodtouchfans.
  10. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think the front page is nice in that it shows no partiality; anyone who makes a nice post can get there, not just if you're part of a writing team.