iPTF Wikipedia Article

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by TSOnTheDrums8892, Aug 16, 2008.

1. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it would be cool to create a wikipedia article about ifans.com...

except i have no experience in creating wiki articles, so i would need some help.

I was researching and it looks like somebody tried to make one before but it was deleted for some reason, but now that the site has reached well over 150,000 members, it is a big deal and it deserves to have an encyclopedia article. anyone else agree? I think it would be a cool little project.
  2. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

We really should make one
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

That is a good idea. I wish somebofdy would make one. I have limited experience with wikipedia. I have made one article and it was for Mike Dragosavich who is a punter who was signed and released with the new england patriots.
  4. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Meh...
    I don't know. If there were Wikipedia articles for every site with a certain amount of members+...

Go ahead though, I'll support you!
  5. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah i see where you're coming from, but the site is continually growing and iphones/ ipods are extremely hot products right now and they just keep getting more popular, which in turn, means that the site will keep getting even more exposure. so, i think its a good idea.
  6. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There was a similar attempt before but it was my uderstanding that Bgizzle was against it or one reason or another. I would check with him beforehand.
  7. brisingr

brisingr New Member

It was another attempt but it was suitable for "speedy deletion". Wikipedia doesn't allow articles about sites, but , engadget, gizmodo have them.
  8. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Make sure the article isn't advertising the site in any way, Wikipedia hates advertising.