IPT3G Processor

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xxhorseriderxxx, Sep 12, 2009.

1. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    anyone know the new processor clock of the new iPod? I haven't seen this posted anywhere... I also assume the 3G iPod also has the 256RAM like the 3GS? anyone know to confirm?
  2. Kaydin

Kaydin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The processor from the 3rd Generation iPod touch is the same processor like in the iPhone 3GS ( ARM Cortex-A8 ), and it is clocked the same, at 600 MHz.
    Yes, the memory is 256 MB of RAM, like in the 3GS.
    Just take a look : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod_Touch

-Kaydin
  3. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just wondering if steve jobs and apple say that the ipod touch is a gaming machine shouldn't that mean that is it should have the best hardware available better than the iphone and that the iphone should follow the ipod touch on hardware improvements
  4. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I feal the same way with Mac computers; they claimed back when the unibody macbooks came out that they'd be good gaming laptops, but I built a desktop that blows away any iMac in both price and hardware

I bet the 4th Gen iPod is gonna have to have some kinda major update to follow up this year of only processor improvements...
  5. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If the iPod touch third generation got the same hardware as the 3GS, then it's actually faster then the iPhone 3GS (and any other iPhone of course).

I had the iPod touch second generation a little while back and it was a lot faster then the iPhone 3G, since it doesn't run stuff like a phone. So it should be damn fast now it's got the new hardware; perfect for gaming.
  6. d3xterity

d3xterity Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Except the iPod touch 3G's faster processor only applies to the 32Gb and 64Gb. 8GB is the same except cheaper.