[IPT3G] Internal speakers + headphones at the same time

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by matrixsage, Nov 5, 2009.

1. matrixsage

matrixsage New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Both the Internal Speakers and the headphones (the one with the mic and the one without ) are playing at the same time. The problem disappears when i restart, which is fine. However, this is happening over and over again, which is annoying.

What i think happens

The IPT3g thinks that the headphones are unplugged ( even though they aren't ) so it plays through the speaker AND the headphones

SOMETIMES THIS HAPPENS
    The IPT3g thinks of the opposite, and when i unplug my headphones, it still thinks the headphones are plugged in, and not play through the speaker

is this one of those things that just happens and i should just restart each time, or is there a solution or will it become a bigger problem later on
  2. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    umm, if your still under warranty then call apple tell them the problem and they willl either fix it or replace your ipod...and if your jailbroken restore before u send it...
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I heard that this is an issue when you are using the headphones with a mic. I'm not exactly sure if this is true, but you can try without them for awhile and see what happens.
  4. meiguoren

meiguoren New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've been researching this problem, too. There doesn't seem to be any clear-cut reason as to why it happens, from what I can see. I've run into the problem with the 3rd Gen iPod Touch 32gb I just got on Saturday. What I've discovered is this:

• When I'm using the stock earbuds with mic/remote, it works great until (it seems) it goes to sleep on its own. After that, the remote no longer works and the iPod thinks the headphones are still plugged in regardless of this being true.
    • This morning (for some reason I've yet to discover) the iPod got stuck thinking there were no headphones plugged in, but sound was coming through both the speaker and the headphones. Imagine my embarrassment when I realized this after having walked across campus with Beirut blaring out of my pocket. I couldn't tell because the sound in my earbuds seemed fine.
    • My iPod is jailbroken via Blackra1n, running 3.1.2. The only way I've noticed to fix the sound/headphone problem is to reset the iPod by doing the hold-down-the-top-button method. Of course, since it's tethered, it's a serious inconvenience.
    • I haven't tried it with other earbuds yet to see if it's an issue with the mic/remote function that's causing this. Will try this today to see if it makes any difference.
    • The reason I think it has something to do with the mic/earbuds like ChrisL mentioned is the fact that I just had an 8gb 2nd gen iPod Touch last week (I upgraded) and I never had this issue. It was also jailbroken and running 3.1.2, with all the same (exactly the same, actually) Apple Store apps and Cydia apps. Literally nothing else changed.

Will update.
  5. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    It's got to be the 3.1.2 jailbreak, considering my iPod touch 3G has none of this problem.
  6. meiguoren

meiguoren New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think the problem rests more with the earbuds' mic/remote more than the jailbreak itself. Been playing using a different plug (one without the mic/earphones) and I haven't experienced the same problem at all. It must have something to do with the additional functionality added by the 3G upgrade. As I said, my 2G running a jailbroken 3.1.2 never had this problem. Upgrade to 3G and add the mic/remote earbuds and voila, problem.

Let's hope there's a firmware update coming. Not sure what else could fix the problem.
  7. needachange

needachange New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had the same problem coupled with some other issues on my iPod touch 2G. I took it to Apple store and they gave me a new one under warranty. It is a hardware issue so report it quickly if the warranty hasn't expired.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251974
  8. meiguoren

meiguoren New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Fantastic.

Got mine via Amazon. Guess I'll need to figure out what to do tonight. Should I be able to take it to an Apple store locally and have it replaced? Sigh.
  9. needachange

needachange New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    In my case, I bought it from a retail store (not even Apple authorised) who purchases iPods from an Apple authorised dealer. I took it to that retail store and asked for a replacement. They sent it to the authorised dealer who after due inspection declared that a replacement will be made. They then sent it to Apple somewhere in Singapore or China and got back the replaced one in a week's time. Its been a month since i got the new one and it is working fine.

I also talked directly to the authorised dealers (more than one actually) for more information on warranty claims and they informed that I can give it to any Apple authorised dealer, irrespective of where i purchased it from, coz they are instructed by Apple to entertain everyone. So in your case, u can contact a local Apple store and they would settle your issue.
  10. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wonder if it could be similar to this