IPT3g 64 Can jailbreaking FIX ipods?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by richardcav, Feb 5, 2010.

1. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you saw my ipod this morning, you'd be pretty convince that it's a victim of an unsuccessful jailbreak.

I went to the appstore on the pod and downloaded an app. The screen jumped and most of my icons went into "upgrade mode"..by that, meaning they dimmed and displayed the progress hole along the bottom of the icons, yet they weren't upgrading. The pod was jumpy and didn't ride like it usually does when I flick through the pages.

I performed the home/sleep dance twice without any change. I plugged it into itunes and the applications tab screen display was identical to what was shown on the ipod. I synced, but STILL no change of the odd icons.

I tried opening the dimmed apps and they were all vegetabled. I tried to open the app store and it hung.

THEN I inadvertently clicked on an icon, the app opened and I closed it out immediately because I wasn't interested in that app at the time. BOOM! The pages lit up, all icons displayed full view, the apps worked like a charm (doing a random selection test). The pages fly when I flick them and everything is back to "normal" SO FAR.

But, I've been experiencing subconscious "now that I think about it" gliches since I've upgraded the ipod firmware. One of those was occasional jerky motions when I flicked the pages, but now it runs smooth.

HOWEVER, my ipod has generally slowed down. Before I updated the firmware, I could open the clock timer and the minute wheel would spin past the 0 point, spinning at least a full revolution. Now I can only spin to 45...30 at the most, if I'm lucky. So measured by that, it's slowed down 50%.

I haven't updated System Activity Monitor, so I can still free the memory, but that doesn't effect these problems.

Between upgrading the ipod and updating itunes, it seems Apple has really loused up my player.

OK, so I'm wondering if jailbreaking would actually HELP these types of issues?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Jailbreak will not fix any of those problems.

Restore through iTunes.
  3. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for your advice. I've done that, also. I was forced to do it when the itunes upgrade a few days ago wiped my ipod. Don't you just hate it when the ones who foul things up are the same ones who are supposed to fix it?