IPT3G 32gb Blackra1n issue Blank-Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mitchel285, Nov 12, 2009.

1. mitchel285

mitchel285 Guest

G'day everyone, This is my first post =/ lol

Just before I start I understand that blackra1n is tethered lols.

I ran into an issue with Blackra1n RC3 when trying to reboot my device after an update of a cydia package. I then as normal when rebooting a tethered device closed the iPod services on my computer followed by plugging my iPod in and waited for the connection screen. I then as usual ran blackra1n on my computer and everything went fine, Geohot's screen came up and then suddenly I heard the USB disconnection sound and my screen went blank. I thought after that happened it might be an isolated incident so I decided to try again with no luck and the same result blank screen.

After trying it repeatedly for half an hour or so to get it to work I thought to myself hey it might just be my comp having a spaz so I rebooted. Guess what? No luck again same problem. I then decided that my PC might be the problem so I turned on my laptop and gave that a go, still no luck same issue.

After all that I was quite annoyed so I did some research, I found that there have been a few IPT3G owners as the same problem as me and I found a possible solution.

That link was a solution to a similar issue on a iphone where the screen goes blank. It is a method involving a combination of pressing home and power button, which got the iphone to reboot with blackra1n if the blank screen issue occured. I tried this method and had no luck for a while, but after a while of experimenting with the method I got my IPod to stay on the Geohot screen for a total of 15mins however I think it may have been due to me pressing keys and it may have lock up because of that lol.

Anyway I probably better give you a rundown of the systems and software I am running:

IPod touch 3rd generation 32Gb * I had been running the untethered JB for about 1 week before I had this issue* Runing 3.1.2 firmware
    Main PC: Windows 7 64Bit - ITunes 9.0.2
    Laptop: Windows XP 32bit - ITunes 9.0.2

* Just so you know I have managed to reboot my device with blackra1n previously using ITunes 9.0.2 when I installed winter board so I doubt that is the issue*

Anyway I hope there is a solution out there to my problem unfortunately I got sick of the issue and need my iPod to listen to while travelling to school and have restored it to my unjailbroken backup, which is kinda a shame because I had all the jail broken apps setup so nicely lol

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks guys hope we can find a solution and can't want for greenp0ison =D
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    *edit* i think i have found the cause of my own problem, i think it was due to an update of a package called "MobileSubstrate " on cydia that required your ipod to reboot, advice to anyone who has this update to avoid it lol
  2. dvtran93

dvtran93 Member

Dec 13, 2008
    There is no untethered jailbreak... No offense, but maybe you should read your post before you submit it to be publicly seen.
  3. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Sep 1, 2009
    Greenpois0n is gonna be untethered for 3rd gen...until next year
  4. mitchel285

mitchel285 Guest

Sorry for the typo meant tethered.