IPT2G stuck in recovery mode after restore!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Chaynie, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Chaynie

Chaynie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    - I bought 2g with 2.1.1 firmware.
    - Upgraded to 2.2
    - Upgraded to 2.2.1
    - Jailbroke following the (Semi-Tethered) tutorial for windows. I was only able to get it to initially boot as a jailbroken iPod by finishing the tutorial.
    - Restarted to try and boot normally, and from then on it wouldn't boot normally or jailbroken. I have tried to restore several different ways, listed as follows:
    First tried to do second part of jailbreaking tutorial... no luck, just stayed in recovery mode.
    Second tried restore to official ipod 2.2.1... no luck, stayed in recovery mode.
    I tried restoring to different versions and no luck.
    I tried jailbreaking completely to fix what I understood might be a boot loader issue... no luck.

Every time I restore everything has finished successful except rebooting from recovery mode. It just comes up with apple logo then the itunes logo with the USB cable, every time. Itunes just says Ipod in recovery mode, blah blah blah.

If it makes a difference, now the itunes logo with the USB cable is different. its an actual USB and not the wide ipod connection piece.

Is there anything I have missed, or that I might do to fix it?
  2. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Go restore to original firmware, and then just restore to custom firmware that is for tethered. The semi-tethered is to unstable for now. This has not only happen to you.
  3. Chaynie

Chaynie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

I'm sure it's happened to other people. I can't get it to recognize anything right now! I would happy just to get it back to original firmware 2.2.1. I figured, DFU restore to original and I would be ok, but I don't think this is the exact same issue everyone is having (I could be wrong). I do think it can be fixed however.

I looks like something has been changed, because it brings up a different itunes logo

I tried the "tethered" jailbreak and the same thing that has happened before happened. I got to the last step and it said it would restart, but it just comes up to the itunes logo and stays there.
  4. andre2613

andre2613 New Member

If you figured out how to fix this please help me out as well myy touch has the same symptoms after attempting the semi-tethered jaibreak just everytime i plug in my ipod it will have the connect to itunes so i do that and it says im in recovery mode so i restore i have also tried restoring from when the usb conneect isnt there by holding power until it closed then conecting and putting in dfu mode and restoring that way but no luck yet please help as well lol

i think what i did wrong was i tried jailbreaking the 2.2.1 but as i later read you need to have the 2.1.1 so i think thats where the jailbreak went for a sh*t i just need to get it back so i can do this again with no mistakes
  5. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    DFU mode or recovery??
  6. andre2613

andre2613 New Member

i can get it in dfu but whats the diff dfu is black screeen and sh*t with the buttons but like i cant boot my ipod it just says connect to itunes and itunes opens upp and it says i need to restore to use with itunes itunes states its in recovery mode
    i have also tried restoring from dfu and it ends the same i cant get it to work
  7. LuffyZoro

LuffyZoro New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The same kind of thing happened to me. I had a jailbroken 1g ipod touch running 2.2.1. I just plugged my ipod into our 10.4.11 Mac OS X Tiger PowerPC and the screen went white and entered restore mode. Now whenever I plug it into the Mac or our 32-bit Vista and try to restore it, it comes up with an error. So far I know I've had 1604, 1600, 13, and several others. I've put it in DFU mode and called Apple. I've also tried QuickPwn, a BootLoader, iLiberty, Touchfree, ZiPhone, and iNdependence. The screen is also very dim whenever I try to start it up. Somebody please help! I feel like I've tried everything!
  8. cline92

cline92 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Don't bump old threads!
  9. pody08

pody08 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  10. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Or use the link in my signature. Where did you get that one pody? It is old, use the updated one in my signature.