ipt2g 3.0: help please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by jontag59, Jun 22, 2009.

1. jontag59

jontag59 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so i had 2.2.1 jb before i updated.
    after i updated all my apps wont show up. i had most of my apps in folders using Categories and read that this was the reason, and now i must jb and install Categories again to see them. so i downloaded redsnow 0.7.2 but its telling me to find the ipsw of my current firmware (3.0) but i cant find it. can someone tell me where it is located? help would be very appreciated
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    there is a tutorial stickied on the 3.0 jb page. There it has everything you need to know. look before posting
  3. kid_chris_cool

kid_chris_cool New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's somewhere in the iTunes files but if u can't find it just download it from Internet yours shud be iPod 2,1_3.0_7a341 or somin like that just search 'iPhone os 3.0 for iPod touch free' and download the 1 for iPod 2g
  4. nathanielsametz

nathanielsametz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is a reminder that distributing iPod touch Firmware 3.0 is prohibited by our rules

-DO NOT provide links for the download of iPod touch Firmware 3.0 from Apple servers or anywhere else
    -DO NOT use the site to offer to send the firmware by private message, email, or any other means
    -DO NOT in any way discuss or encourage piracy.

Pay heed to the messages dude?

To find the firmware that you've downloaded through itunes, make sure hidden files and folders are set to be shown. (up the top of any windows explorer folder, go to Tools- folder options - (second tab) view. then look down for hidden files and folders)

then navigate to

Documents and Settings - *Your Username* - Application Data - Apple Computer - iTunes - Ipod Software Updates.

Hope that helps

Please Register or Log in to view images