IPT Apple Logo Frozen, but Restore Won't Work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Underdawg, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Underdawg

Underdawg New Member

I posted this in the stickied "How to force your iPod into restore mode" thread, but I thought I might have luck by posting a new thread as well. Yes I have been searching around, but I don't see anyone with the same exact problem, maybe I'm blind. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. evilp8ntballer7

evilp8ntballer7 New Member

I had this after an app faluire jut try turning it on and off till it fully boots? that works with me when my app crashed it took about 5 reboots but its worth it
  3. Kira

Kira New Member

I have pretty much the same problem apart from the fact that no loading thing appears at the bottom of my screen. and the stickied post wouldn't work.
  4. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

plug into pc and will connected try to force restore

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790

sorry long read but i see basically your touch is in a loop and keeps freezing

download the 1.1.1 firmware once in force restore and itunes sees it
    hold shift and select restore

window should open for you to select the 1.1.1 fw you downloaded point to it
    click ok and it should restore

Not sure if this will work i have down it with my iphone and the steps are a little more involved due to the need to restore the baseband firmware

even after itunes restore " with iphone" you get a restore error but phone actually has been restored don't know if it work the same for touch
  5. Underdawg

Underdawg New Member

Yes!

YES!!! I guess the last time I tried to force restore, I wasn't patient enough to hold the home button long enough. I actually had to hold it for 3 minutes until the "Connect to iTunes" screen popped up (thank God for College Bowl Games!). Thank you very much!

Ps. One disadvantage of doing this means I gotta re-jailbreak and reload everything! AAAARRRGGGHH!! Oh well....Thanks Again!
  6. Underdawg

Underdawg New Member

Okay, so now that the iPod works, is there any way for me to know what happened, so that I won't do it again? Could it possibly be one of the sources I added in Installer is defective and/or filesystem damaging? Hmmmmmm......
  7. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

No not really i write down everything i do so if i have a problem i have a record
    kind of anal "ocd habit" but it keeps me from making the same mistakes twice
  8. Underdawg

Underdawg New Member

Yeah. I'll be sure to do that. I'm gonna back up my iPod as well. Right this second, I'm re-jailbreaking...