iPT 4G RAM inquietude

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Vaizen, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Vaizen

Vaizen New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Hi pals I'm new to this forum, and I've spent a lot of time reading post and posts about de ipt 4g, fortunatelly I've got one 32GB for about 3 weeks now. Today I began to concern about the RAM on my ipt, don't know whiy just started to worry me.
    So my inquietude is how much free RAM do you guys have?

My ipt with SBSettings with SSH addon + activator + Clock Hide + Infinidock + WinterBoard + (more things that I don't know if consume RAM, like Glasklart Theme, typophone 4, Ipod unified app, Silent Photo, cydelete etc etc.) usually has around 118MB - 128MB of free RAM Freeing RAM with SBSettings Maxes it to 146MB. I just don't know if I have to worry about this amount of RAM if its too little or too much, don't know really its my first iTouch. I sold my nano 4g and my PSP to purchase de ipt 4g and 'till now no regrets ITS AWESOME!!!!

So guys please tell me if the amount of RAM i've got its gonna make my ipt lags on apps or what? I don't think so, 'till now it has been smooth on everything.

Edit: I took this values with no apps running on the background, I always close them manually or with MultiCleaner. And by the way the only Laggy thing I've experienced is opening the settings screen no more.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You seem to have a fine amount of RAM. You also have a good amount of Mobile Substrate hooks which is fine, just don't go overboard.

The thing with RAM is, and unused RAM is wasted RAM, as it is just sitting there doing nothing.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It has a total of 256MB if you didn't already know.

I have 122MB... WinterBoard, SBSettings, Multitasking bar tweak, LockInfo, Mail, Factime, Facebook Backgrounding. More too.
  4. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    With no apps running in multi-tasking, I get 126MB
  5. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Actually, unused RAM helps the device be create more speed (don't need to delete/free space to write) and more stability. If you run low on RAM (< 20MB free; for 2G) you're device becomes sluggish. My rule of thumb (This is not proven, just experience) is to try to keep at least 1/4 of your RAM free, allows for stability and speed.

Another thing that slows it down is when you don't have any free flash memory left (I keep it over 1GB, I find anything under 512MB makes the device unusable).
  6. ayeitschris

ayeitschris Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i have 180mb ram free with just activator installed, if you want more ram, delete some LaunchDaemons. there is a guide somewhere in this forum. most you will get from deleting some is about 10-20mb.
  7. Vaizen

Vaizen New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    OMG guys you answered so quick, thank you guys so I understand i don't have to worry I'm fine with the amount of RAM I have.

@ayeitschris thanks for the info, can you show me the link to see wich launchDaemons do I have and Wich ones I don't need
  8. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    That's how it normally is on this forum, quick answers... But yeah, you have normal amount of free RAM.

By the way, welcome to the forums, don't forget to read the rules

Please Register or Log in to view images