IPSW Builder

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by MacProooo, Apr 16, 2008.

1. MacProooo

MacProooo New Member

I apologize in advanced if someone else has asked this question
    i have been stuck on this one step for 2 hours or so

when looking at the tutorial it shows that the IPSW builder has some check boxes while mine are unavailable. i have downloaded all of these files and still cant get past this one step

i have done:
    restore
    browse .ipsw--- (.zip file)
    ipwner
    and now what??

i also have done nothing and just made the new .ipsw file and when i click update now and itunes nothing comes up. using the IPSW Builder.

i also downloaded Bootloader?? something which i cannot open "BL- 46.bin"

also if i try to open the ipod 1.1_1.1.4 itunes app with Pwnagetool and nothing has happened only " cannot be recognized":confused:

please help

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. peeliosanchez

peeliosanchez New Member

after you have pwned your device using pwnage tool or ipsw builder? you have to restore your device to the custom pwnage tool firmware using itunes (option+restore on mac, shift+restore on PC)
  3. MacProooo

MacProooo New Member

Thank you very much:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have not seen anyone mention option click on restore anywhere

Also
    after doing so, my version remains "1.1.4 (4A102)
    and i have only gained an installer and nothing else.
  4. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

You are correct. The beauty part of pwning is for example: You wanted to restore your ipod to version 2.0. All you would have to do is download a copy of the 2.0 firmware. Build a "custom .ipsw" version and then use itunes to restore the new firmware. Once you have Pwned, you don't have to do that part again.

Of course, right now you can't install programs to 2.0, so it is just something to experiment with.
  5. MacProooo

MacProooo New Member

so in other words i cannot get version 2.0? (if i can can some one please link me)
    i have seen that there are two versions or something like that 3.# and 4.# and you can pick either or
    and pwnage tool is somewhat like a beta version?
  6. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

Yes, if you can find the current beta version of firmware 2.0 for the IPOD which is (5A240d) you can use the pwn ipsw builder to build a custom version.

No, pwn is not a beta version.

P.S. A few guys have made a mistake and tried to load the Iphone firmware. So be careful