iProd?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hotfuzz, Aug 6, 2009.

1. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Originally from: http://blogs.computerworld.com/what_is_apple_iprod_iphone_nano_new_ipod_tablet_090805

*Sorry if this is in the wrong section, it seems relevant though.
  2. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

iProd.

Sounds different. But this has been mentioned some wherer. But i cant find it xD
  3. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

Hmm,
    Prod;
    nudge: to push against gently; "She nudged my elbow when she saw her friend enter the restaurant"

something to do with poking I presume? A stylus equiped device? It could be this mystery tablet after all.
  4. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    i reckon its a little joke on apples behalf, sticking in a weird name and making alot of people think 'iProd' is coming when it could all be a joke

5. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think i agree

because to be honest, 'iProd' is a bit of a dicky name and just doesn't flow.

Time will tell though.
  6. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My theory is that it's short for product
  7. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Hmm.. that might work indeed!.. personally i dont think so, but you never know!
  8. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have known about this since the old 3.0 beta release, when I started to research "next iPhone" rumors.
  9. Dr. Rambo

Dr. Rambo Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, this rumor is old. What's with all the people digging up old news lately? That iPhone 4G mockup, Bochs, this, etc.

EDIT: Here is the Gizmodo link, I remember they said somewhere they had determined iProd was for iProduct, and the other mysterious iFGPA (as in field-programmable gate arrays) was something probably never to be released.
  10. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    My thought exactly. iProd. Short for iProduct. I'm guessing not many of you read the recent article on Gizmodo.

Sounds reasonable.

To those saying "iPhone Nano", You must be joking. Apple released the iPhone 3GS 2 months ago. There's no way in hell they would bother to make an "iPhone nano", Especially this early.

To those saying the new iPod. Look into this more. In the firmware it shows "iPod3,1". It also is showing "iProd0,1". 2 totally different devices. Not the same.

Whatever it is, September is slowly approaching. I think we can all expect to see the new 3.1 firmware, along with the new iPod Touch. If you didn't realize it, The iProd was shown as "0,1". Devices are shown as 1,1 so that means its most likely still in prototype.