iPranks GUI is here... let the testing begin.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by crizh4x, Apr 20, 2008.

1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It has been nearly two months since I released iPranks on my google code page. It was finally time to port those apps to Windows which went really easily, now it is time to add a nice GUI. I have completed a clean version of the GUI which only performs basic actions on the iPranks set. I know that there have been many threads about people needing beta testers but I really need you guys for this. I am estimating that this could take about two weeks before we have a public release ready. But we need a wide range of people to test this to find flaws in OS flexibility and network flexibility etc. This is for Windows only right now and will eventually incorporate OS X into the new GUI layout. I am looking for 20 testers. You guys need to be willing and able. I request that you send a PM to me ASAP with your system information. I would prefer that you send me a copy of the belarc advisor after you have ran it on your system so that we can record your DETAILED system specs along with your information. This Beta program will go full throttle being that you will be given license keys etc. I want to thank you guys for being a part of this and if you need help with the Belarc advisor, I might post a small guide for that. Thanks!
  2. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

License keys...? This sounds like you're venturing into the commercial realm.

I also noticed you have your iPranks licensed as LGPL. May I ask where the source packages are, once again?
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No where near it, and the public version will have no license keys. I accept nothing but donations.
  4. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    What is it?
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes, I see what you are saying about the LGPL. I changed it to the Apache license, which doesn't require me to give out the source code from what I researched. I will give out the source code when we decide to retire the project. we may also put it into the hands of our developer participants as well.
  6. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    What is it?
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Depends on what you are asking about. The current developer build is just the prank set to crash apps on people's iPods... all you gotta have is the IP address. We will finish incorporating the utilities etc. into the developer build before release, then we are going to add advanced features like backup and whatever else peole suggest. I would like to expand the pranks into other things but for the time being, it is going in the utility direction.
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Come on guys, we need more than three testers. I think that you guys are gonna love the GUI. I'll give you a hint as to what it's like... it makes you want to go on a virtual ski trip to some place in colorado. except the software that runs the virtualization runs on windows not OS X. just a small confusing hint for you to ponder about....
  9. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, if no one else wants to help beta test... It will just take longer for us to get all of the testing done. If no one wants to be a beta tester at least give us some feature requests. I think I am going to try to get permission from the creator of the screen cracking app and i think we can have some fun with that, I'm just not sure who made it.... Guess I can research it. I need some kind of feedback from you guys so we can make this one of the best iphod related pc apps out there.
  10. thricepk

thricepk New Member