iPranks Backup Utility ~ Public Release

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by crizh4x, Jun 24, 2008.

1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Today is a day I have been waiting for for two and a half weeks. So have many of you guys have asked for a stable, working Backup utility... and I believe I have met that standard.

This is not the final release, it will receive many updates in the future, I anticipate one being in the next few days. I promise NOT to leave you guys hanging like the previous alternative did.

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is the icon that you will grow to love I hope. I also plan to be back with a guided tour that is way better than the one I provided for iPranks Beta.

I am not saying that this will just instantaneously instal and work beautifully, I haven't gotten any beta testers to test this installer since it's 3AM. So if we run into issues, post them. I'll fix them. It's been a pleasure creating this. Expect more where that came from.

Please post any questions or small bugs that aren't just UI related.

Go here to get it:

http://srcperspective.com/chris

Thanks and Enjoy,

Chris

Some Troubleshooting steps:

* Vista users must run this under administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP Service Pack 2

You can do this by going into "My Computer" and then your Local Disk/Program Files/iPranks Backup/iPranks Backup Utility v1.0

once you get there, right click the executable and select "Properties", a Window will come up. In that window, go to the "Compatibility" tab and make the proper modifications. Then press Ok. The Application should be run just fine.

* Users that run into an error in the output console that says something to the effect "pscp" command not found, run the app by double clicking the executable above. You might just make a new shortcut to your desktop by right clicking it, then selecting "send > to Desktop"

ALWAYS RUN THE TEST FUNCTION AFTER ENTERING YOUR IP AND PASSWORD, this will save time and effort in the long run.
  2. nudded

nudded New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that link doesn't work chris, maybe upload to [PIRACY.rs]?
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nope. Just looks like my server went down... I'm not sure why though. Try it back later.

Back UP!

4. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Hope the sewrver gets up soon. I've been waiting for this release... Thanks!
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no problem... This is bad. Don't think bad of me, it isn't my fault. perhaps late night server upgrades or something. I'll re-upload later today as a last resort.
    EDIT: back up!

OK, I'm off too bed because sleep is what I do on occasion. Please post or PM me any issues that are critical. We'll do the others later. Thanks!

And I just rechecked one last time.. The server is weird right now, I think they are doing maintenance or something during the night. If it doesn't work for you, check back in the morning. Extremely sorry about all this!
  6. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    um, i cant fond the download on your website
  7. Relic073

Relic073 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  8. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Downloaded it! I'm gonna try it now.

Thanks!
  9. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    why is it that you have to uninstall summerboard and put customize stuff back to normal? also, is it possble to backup stuff in system/library/frameworks., like your custom music player them(movieplayerui) and artwork files.
    also, if do this, will i have to install the iphone apps(mail, stocks, etc) again before i restore. and does it suppoert kate/caterpillar without uninstallation of it
  10. nikkelarsern

nikkelarsern New Member