iPot lags after a few app installations

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crazlunatic, Mar 24, 2008.

1. crazlunatic

crazlunatic New Member

Does this happen to you guys? Is it a specific app or the fact that I have lots of apps? (2 pages and 1 on 3rd page).
  2. Splex

Splex Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well the more apps you install the slower your ipod is going to get, i doubt that it is any one single app, i retore my ipod and jailbreak it fresh every once in a while so it runs smoother. Over time with a lot of use, and a lot of apps installed your ipod will not be as responsive as it was when you first jailbroke it. What kind of lag are you experiencing tho? like opening apps up, opening safari etc?
    1 person likes this.
  3. crazlunatic

crazlunatic New Member

I would do that. Is it possible to automatically reinstall a set of apps or something? Cause redoing the jb / app process / dictionary adding can take an hour or so.
  4. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Number of installed apps has nothing to do with how fast your iPod runs. It's only how many apps that are running in the background that matters, and not too many apps continue running in the background with a click of the home button.

Also, the way you describe it is that the software running on your iPod deteriorates. This only happens if you do things to it that are wrong/can mess it up, and you do not fix it properly. If you keep good maintenance of what's going on in the file system, your iPod can run just as smoothly even a month after jailbreaking it.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Splex

Splex Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  6. jufjufjuf

jufjufjuf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    do you mean BAD lagging??? if so restore right away! it happened to me then i left it alone. ipod froze for 5min unfroze for 1 sec then it reapeated!