iPoT Keyboard Bug!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by frostz, Feb 10, 2008.

1. frostz

frostz New Member

Hello, after getting the 1.1.3 upgrade from DEV Team, first my ipod showed the connect to iTunes icon and I had to reset it like a million times so it doesn't show that and it worked. Installer works everything works except the keyboard. When I try using the keyboard anywhere Safari, Installer and anywhere else where you need to use keyboard, as soon as the keyboard pops up my whole iPoT freezes and I can't use the home button, can't shut it off, I can only do a hard reset. No matter how many resets I've done it keeps on doing that. I could start typing something and it would freeze, or it just freezes right away. That's one of the little disadvatages of jailbreaking, it's unpredictable.
    Thanks, frostz.
  2. Aryanenzo

Aryanenzo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    when you reset it, and connect to itunes
    when it asks you if you want your old preferences restored say no and type in a new name for you new ipot with new everything
    does this help?
    1 person likes this.
  3. frostz

frostz New Member

Thanks for the reply man, but that's what I did before, I didn't choose use a backup, I chose set up as new iPod. Didn't work but thanks anyways. Any more suggestions?
  4. oddjobbob

oddjobbob New Member

I am having the same problem. I can type about 3-8 keys and the keyboard freezes. I have to do a double button reboot and then use iNdependence to get to the open springboard slider.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Aloha,
    ojb
  5. oddjobbob

oddjobbob New Member

I will add that For the few keys I can enter the response between touch and display is slow. Also, I just tested and entered one key OK then tried the home button and the system froze.

Thanks for any help.

Aloha,
    ojb
  6. linds

linds New Member

this seems to be a problem with the Dev soft jailbreak method.

I gave up on it myself and use iJailbreakmobile and don't have that problem anymore
  7. oddjobbob

oddjobbob New Member

Thanks for the note Lindz...can you give me a link or something to find that?

Thanks.

Aloha,
    ojb
  8. linds

linds New Member

9. oddjobbob

oddjobbob New Member

A final note,
    I did try Linds suggestion but didnt find the upgrade to 1.1.3 through the ijailbreak.com website better than from the thread on the site, http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34376.

I have finally upgraded to 1.1.3 following the instructions found here. I would suggest if you have tried to upgrade there or elsewhere and arent satisfied with the result then you should go back to that thread and follow those direction EXACTLY. Also read all the posts there for help.

I found it was critical to follow the instructions especially with regard to the disconnect and reconnect to the computer and the open and close iTunes. Also, after each major step I did a top button restart of my iPT. And I found I needed iNdependence to help bump my iPT past the restore screen a few times. If you are using windows iNdependence is replaced by iBrickr, I think.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Aloha,
    ojb
  10. frostz

frostz New Member

Linds suggestion is only supported for the iPhone. The iJailbreak method is not supported by the iPod Touch. And oddjob man, I appreciate your advice but I've tried following those exact instructions many times and I only ended up downgrading back to 1.1.1 then 1.1.2 so that doesn't help really. Obviously for you that was the problem and you fixed it with your method. Maybe other users will be able to fix it with that method but some users need a different technique like me. If ANYONE has any suggestions please post.