<-----iPoT error installing packages, etc.----->

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bboywingwing, Oct 16, 2007.

1. bboywingwing

bboywingwing New Member

Ok so basically the problem that I have is sort of like a connection problem the second week getting the iPod Touch. The Wi-Fi shows full connection (3 bars) but when I go to a page it says "Safari can't open the page because it can't find its server" or something like that... I'm wondering if anyone has the same problem? And when sometimes the internet DOES work, I tried installing Community Sources package from installer.app, it says "downloading package" but I have to wait for like 5 minutes and then error comes up saying "connection error: cannot find host!" or something like that... Anyone have a remedy for this problem? As in, is there a possible way to install the game applications without the use of a internet by dragging files from your computer etc.?

Post awayyy...
  2. Rags

Rags New Member

I'm having the same problem, wi-fi is on, but when downloading a package it says "Package download failed: can't find host"
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Sounds like problems with the network. See this thread for a possible solution and see if that helps.