iPoT 1st gen JB 3.0 ....can i get the compass app? from 3GS

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by swamanator, Jul 16, 2009.

1. swamanator

swamanator Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    can i ge tth eapp?
  2. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no.
    simple as that
  3. swamanator

swamanator Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    kthanksbye
  4. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The 3G S uses a different processor, the only way to get it to work was if someone ported it over.
  5. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think the 3gs has its own real compass, the apple site says built in compass, so i dont think its possible
  6. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    He can get the app but cant use it, unless he has like 10 wi-fi hot spots in range and it can triangulate his position and heading, but then we are talking about a whole new app that does the same inaccurate reading as a GPRS or 3g enabled device....he can get the app ported but it would do squat.

Thinking about it, if you could calibrate it so it faced north and get a accurate enough reading from the accelerometer to determine the distance moved in a direction then you could quite possibly have a very inaccurate compass that has some accuracy, however it would need to be calibrated every time and the accelerometer is just too inaccurate, you would need a phone connection to determine where you are so thus its possible on a iPhone but not the iPod Touch...
  7. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well...

I got it to show on my SpringBoard but it crashes as soon as it launches and about that whole diifferent processor needs to be ported stuff I HIGHLY doubt it because Apple would have to have 2 different copies of EVERY App Store app and all JB apps would have to be ported but the Info.plist has a SBAppTag called magnometer and I had to get rid of it to get it to show. It crashes though so its useless. Look up CompassF on Cydia. You can get that.