iPot 1.1.3 Maps application

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by DrIzzy, Jan 20, 2008.

1. DrIzzy

DrIzzy New Member

I think the Maps application on the iPot 1.1.3 has been improved quite a bit. How does it "know" what is your current location? The iPhone can do it since it has a GPS unit. But what about the iPot? Also, can the updated Maps application be installed on the iPot 1.1.2 ??
  2. weensie

weensie New Member

Ya i saw the video of the new google maps with the gps thing. There is an app on the installer called "Navizon GPS" but i dont think it works on the touch, just the iphone. But yeah, if someone could get the google maps from the 1.1.3 and some be able to install it on the 1.1.2, that would be awesome.
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

first of all, the iphone does NOT have gps unit. it uses cell phone tower triangulation. the ipod one uses wifi triangulation. thats also how navizon works, but navizon has less wifi nodes around the world so its less likely to know where you are.

and no, the 1.1.3 application can't as of now be put on 1.1.2 because there is only a select group of people who have the 1.1.3 jailbreak, and theyre not releasing it for fear it will be patched
  4. Sirium

Sirium New Member

sigh... that sux...
  5. Khalitko

Khalitko Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    someone knows his sh*t