Ipodtouchfans please read this and explain to me how my Ipod is not Bricked/Dead

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by midnight0045, Feb 12, 2009.

1. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i have a one week jailbroken 2g ipod and I turned the ipod off this morning because a lot of my apps were crashing and wanted a restart

now every time i plug in my ipod touch into windows nothing happens

no sounds, no pop ups of "not recognized usb device" or anything

window doesn't recognize there is anything plugged into the usb port when i plub in my ipod... rendering the "DFU mode process" completely ineffective.. because .. as much as i try the dfu process or ANY BOOTLOADER ON THIS SITE, nothing knows that there is an ipod touch plugged in ready for DFU mode.. while having the ipod touch plugged in i've tried holding power alone and waiting, i've tried the DFU process 10 times and waited... i have even unplugged the ipod touch and walked away from the computer for 2 hours and tried plugging it in again and repeating all the steps

I have plugged it into another MAC and another PC and not one computer recognized ANY USB ACTIVITY

i know exactly what to do once the ipod is in DFU mode with the commands or whatever i am not new to this...

The ipod touch had full battery this morning and DEFINITELY isn't out of battery

i have restarted my computer twice.. uninstalled and then reinstalled itunes/ apple mobile device / winlib / and have switched and tested every USB port on my computer

my winlib is installed and reads all my usb devices BUT MY PLUGGED IN IPOD TOUCH

keep in mind i have restarted my ipod touch several times in the past week and got it to boot before with the commands and such

i am not a newb so don't treat me like one, i have a extremely frustrating problem here and a helpless ipod any Help / suggestions.. anything! please! this is rediculous, i haven't done anything strange with this ipod and am the average Jailbroken ipod touch 2g user on this site..
  2. DxTania

DxTania Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Perhaps bringing it to Apple is the only way..they can't tell you've jailbroken it now can they.
  3. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What boot tools have you used?
  4. hoffster12

hoffster12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the first thing you need is hope. for reasons unsaid my dad once took my ipod from me for like half a year (1G.) After i got it back, nothign would work it just sat there dead, i even did about 90% of the crap you just mentioned but nothing would work. Eventually i sat and watched tv while i plugged my ipod into my laptop over and over again and after about 20 minutes it responded and has worked since. While this isn't the most effective route im sure that in some way touchfans will be able to help you and if not... try dumb stuff like i did

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    I'll buy it off you for 50 bucks.

6. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Lol 50 bucks

Ill trade you my 1g for it. You can jailbreak in less than 5 minutes and is automated

well besides the DFU part. Oh and it's permanent too.(Until you restore in iTunes)

On Topic: Yea I would just keep trying DFU. Did you try ssh? You might be able to connect through ssh (maybe). If not try what hoffster said.
  7. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    plugging it in and using a bootloaded doesnt put it in DFU.. YOU have to put it in DFU then do the boot.

Start iTunes... plug in ipod. Then do the home/power for 10 seconds (or till u hear a ding) then let go of power and hold home for around 7 more seconds.. a second ding will happen. iTunes will then say that some sort of error (dont remember) NOW you ar in DFU mode, run the boot loader
  8. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i know static it just doesn't do sh*t

i really think somehting inside it is confused.. or something?? i mean can anyone think of anything they have ever read? its been almost 8 hours now and still

plug in ipod... nothing

restart.. plug in.. nothing..

i really think apple will scratch their head at this one and classify this is a hardware issue and give me another one... i mean i know that might sound stupid because i've jailbroken it ya ya ya but if the stupid thing doesn't turn on with any power source... and.. you need command prompts to boot it and to even see that little apple sign... am i wrong thinking that i might have a chance getting another one?? it has never seen water damage and has been cased since birth.... i mean.. its obviously under warranty in GENERAL the 2g hasn't yet been out for a year

what do you guys think... i'm losing faith in this ipod coming around by the minute
  9. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try to put it into DFU mode. Sorry if you already tried but that the only hel pI think will work.
  10. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Maybe your USB cable is not working, or your iPod cable slot isn't working, try another cable.