ipodtouch wont restor!!! ;(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kedo1209, Apr 5, 2010.

1. kedo1209

kedo1209 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    itune: 9
    firmware: 3.1.2
    Problem:
    ok well i plunged my ipodtouch into itune it said there was an update so i clicked update so i did and it was going and then i got an error update failed so then it went to the connect to itues logo and so i when to go restore it and i got this error!

Please Register or Log in to view images

http://img251.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=54803347d.png
  2. Silviyius

Silviyius New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You may have to go into dfu mode to restore and lose everything on the Ipod... Press and hold the power button for 7 seconds "7 full seconds" then without the releasing the power button press and hold the home button for 7 more seconds, after which release the power button without releasing the home button until itunes detects the ipod. The Ipod should be blank during this process. Restore to desired firmware pressing shift and click on the restore button. Be certain that you are in Dfu mode before moving ahead. The difference between regular recovery mode and Dfu mode is, In recovery mode when the device is connected the computer, it shows the itunes logo and Dfu mode its instead blank until the actual restore process.
  3. Endz213

Endz213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Similar problem

I just bought an ipod touch from sumone n its always been on the apple logo wit the spining deal i havent been able to find out exactly wut model i no its a 8gig 2gen by all the research ive been doin but ive restored it thru itunes but it still doesnt want to boot up ive tried blackra1n redsn0w snowbreeze i mean everything that i could find but neway if sum1 may also have went thru this would greatly appreciate advice if its fixable or not o its a little banged up could that have sumthin 2 do with it thanks in advance.
  4. Gullash

Gullash Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    looks Like u stock on boot
    use IREB to fix
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    OP, plz lern to use teh periodz or dos commaz.