"ipodtouch first gen sound test"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pss, Apr 26, 2009.

1. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I found this tweak in the ftad.howett.net source. Did anyone download it and see what it does? I thought it might put sound through the piezo buzzer, but I have too many important stuff on here to risk a restore.
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If your sound is working, no reason to install it. Never seen or heard of it, but why fix what isn't broken?
  3. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

read what he said not just jump to what you think, that tweak will let music, thru the buzzer hes not saying anything is broke
  4. prauny

prauny Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I will have a look at it and see what it does. I have a 2g now so I'm using my old 1g to test things.
  5. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    probably just plays different beeps and buzzes though the clicker speaker.
  6. prauny

prauny Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Installed it, and have not noticed any differences at all. Looked through settings menus for anything, and found nothing. Played a song, nothing.

Heres something I found after searching on Google...

Question: I notice that my levels are different when playing back on my iPOD. My dowloaded MP3's from my computer are louder than my cds that I have converted to iTunes which are softer. So when I try to shuffle all the songs I have to adjust my voulume at times. Is there a way to be able to have all at the same volume?

Answer: Scroll through the "settings" list on your ipod and choose sound check. It is supposed to regulate the volume so yo don't have this problem. On the computer side you could download mp3 gain and adjust the volume of all your mp3's then load them up on to your iPod.

The sound check toggle was there anyway, the sound test thing may have something to do with this.