Ipodtouch blew up in ..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gman180, Apr 11, 2009.

  1. gman180

    gman180 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2009
    Messages:
    200
    Likes Received:
    1
    Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The other day my friend said he's ipodtouch blew up in his pocket.At first I didn't believe him but after he showed my his iPod I was shocked it didn't explode but he was carrying a 9v battery in his pocket his iPod and a key.he told me he felt something hot burning feeling and when he put his hand in his pocket it burnt him luckly he didn't get burnt bad but he was shocked on how a iPod could heat up so much
  2. G8D

    G8D New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1,014
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for sharing..?
  3. InsertiPodHere

    InsertiPodHere New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2009
    Messages:
    79
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hmm... interesting, does the iPod still work?

    From what I'm seeing, there is a high chance of the 9V batteries being shorted out by the key and that caused the heat and not the iPod.

    Or the key got into the dock connector somehow and shorted the 2 pins that charge the iPod.

    Or even more chancy, the key connected the 9V battery to the iPod charging pins..?

    But then again, I heard Macbooks starting fires before because of battery issues. so..
  4. G8D

    G8D New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1,014
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know they can go on fire if you charge them after water damage..
  5. InsertiPodHere

    InsertiPodHere New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2009
    Messages:
    79
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yea, because the water is shorting out the charging circuits and the battery is just circling waiting to lit on fire and not really going to any load...

    So no load to batteries = heat = fire.

    I would never carry a key in the same pocket as my iPod btw, umm.. scratchs?

    Also the chrome backing might have shorted the 9V battery since they have the terminals on one side.
  6. gman180

    gman180 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2009
    Messages:
    200
    Likes Received:
    1
    Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no it doesn't work and the 9v bat had acid coming out of it he's boxers were like burnt firstly I will never carry a battery next to my ipod and secound I don't like iPod having scraches.

    Sorry for my English
  7. Chrisschulz

    Chrisschulz New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2009
    Messages:
    892
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm, thats cool?
  8. Unreal Boy

    Unreal Boy Member

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2009
    Messages:
    762
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    iPad
    the ipod didnt explode, the 9v battery just short circuited
  9. Ipwnnubletz

    Ipwnnubletz Banned

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2008
    Messages:
    1,952
    Likes Received:
    0
    Pictars or fake.
  10. zander951

    zander951 New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2009
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Maybe the key got into the charge plug and touched the battery. Completes the circut.

Share This Page